Chapter 4

A repetitive tapping sound occupies the classroom as the chalk scribbles across the blackboard. Megumi finishes writing his introductions before his students arrive. The man's arm stretches out and his approaching hand lets you know to take the writing utensil from him.

Neither of you pay attention. Your gaze is fixated on something else and your hand reaches out blindly. The man feels your fingers against his hand so he lets go. The lack of attention and poor multi-tasking, on both ends, makes the chalk drop.

You look to the floor and then you blurt, "Why did you let go so fast?!"

"I thought you had it!" He bickers back.

Megumi bends down as he reaches for the chalk and your hands immediately go to your skirt. You press the thing flush against your skin. The raven-haired male notices; it makes his teeth clench. He just wanted to be a gentleman. He wanted to do a nice thing by picking the damn limestone off the floor. But instead, what he receives in return is you assuming he has ulterior motives—it's been this way the entire day.

The man doesn't grab it. He brings himself to a stand again, "If you're that worried, then maybe you should pick it up."

"Fine." You reach downward. The last thing you wanted was anyone to see up your skirt again, "I will."

Fushiguro Megumi whips in the opposite direction. He curses under his breath and his face burns with immense heat. Bending down was also not a favorable scenario; for either of you. Then the man thinks, maybe he should have picked it up instead. He continues to damn the white-haired sorcerer for this outrageous arrangement.

"What's the matter with you?" You press the chalk onto the board to finish up what the man started. And your mind wonders why he's behaving so strangely.

"Curse Energy vs. Curse Technique"
How to tell the difference

"Nothing..." he says and he's still looking elsewhere. There is absolutely nothing Megumi could possibly say to make this situation turn in his favor. The man's learned by now that the circumstances were always much better when he kept quiet.

You shrug. His feelings didn't actually matter to you. None of this mattered. There isn't anything you looked forward to aside from seeing your previous Kyoto schoolmates when the exchange event rolls around. You throw the chalk onto the mounted catch tray and dust your hands.

The classroom door slides open.

"Megumi!~" Gojo Satoru steps in.

The raven-haired male doesn't greet the guy. He continues to do whatever he's currently doing.

"Oh, there you are." The white-haired sorcerer saunters towards you and you're wondering how he possibly couldn't have known where you were. After all, the man himself made you Megumi's aide, "Nobara needs your assistance."

"My assistance?" You question. What could the girl possibly need from you?

"In the kitchen." He smiles, "She's making sandwiches for everyone."

Nothing sounded more sexist. You make a face, one of disbelief at his bigotry, "Excuse me??"

The white-haired sorcerer places his hands onto your shoulders and in moments he's shoving you gently through the door.

"You're excused." Gojo responds not knowing just how incredibly ill-mannered he sounded. But the man's always discourteous (whether he knew it or not).

Once out of the classroom, you spin around to face him. This is something you did not sign up for and it's definitely not in your job description. You want to refuse, "Hey!"