Chapter 6

"Seriously!?" The raven-hair shoves his hands into the pockets of his pants, "What the hell was that about?!"

Gojo stirs his tea with a spoon. He brings the cup to his mouth and sips it audibly. Then he smacks his lips noisily before he gives any attention to Megumi, who appears to be fuming, "Huh??"

Megumi clicks his tongue. He doesn't know why he even bothers to try and understand. Whether they were harmless or not, the guy is more than accustomed to Gojo Satoru's annoying schemes. Even as they stand here now, in the common area of jujutsu tech, the white-haired sorcerer still plays his games.

"Why are you doing this?....." Megumi's brows furrow in aggravation. He's quite fed up—with everything. Losing his classroom, dealing with Gojo's conniving tactics and dealing with you.

"Doing what?" Gojo plops himself down onto an armchair and crosses his legs.

Megumi felt he shouldn't need to explain. His fists which are still rooted in his pockets, tighten. Because the white-hair likely knows (and he does), "Go to hell."

"That's not very nice, Megumi.~" Gojo pouts cutely. Or so he tries. It doesn't work on the raven-hair.

Megumi makes a noise. One that shows how defeated and frustrated he is. He throws himself onto the sofa adjacent from the white-hair and his head leans against the backrest. The man's going to take this time to gather himself properly before he has to leave with you. Gojo may have felt a slight sense of guilt (not really).

"Megum—"

"Shut up." Megumi closes his eyes. The raven-hair doesn't want to hear it. He doesn't want to hear anything that Gojo wants to say, has to say, or needs to say.

"For someone who says they're not concerned." Gojo takes a sip of his warm tea and then he smiles. He emphasizes, "You seem pretty concerned."

Megumi's eyes open slowly and his gaze fixes onto the ceiling. He's hoping the white-hair won't try to justify his actions. He doesn't even know how Gojo could possibly even reason his way out of this. It still holds true, depending on the context at least. Yes, Megumi has some concerns. But he's not concerned about his image. He's also not concerned about his reputation. Or if it'll incite any impressions from you. What he's truly concerned about and what truly bothered him most, is the intentions behind someone's actions. Megumi appreciates a person with good intentions even if it'll ruin their reputation. What he can't stand, is ulterior motives for personal gain. The fact that Gojo went out of his way to organize something as worthless as this baffled him.

"Don't pretend for a damn second that you know me." Megumi's words, as hurtful as it may seem, make the white-hair smirk.

It's true. Maybe Gojo really doesn't know Megumi all that well but the white-hair, to say the least, knew enough about him.

Gojo hums with great curiosity, "What did she say?"

Megumi lifts his head up, "What?"

"What did she say?" The white-hair repeats and he makes himself more clear, "After you gave her the flower. Did she say something to you?"

The raven-hair isn't certain why the man needed to know. He then thinks Gojo's likely just being nosy. He also, out of nervousness at the time, couldn't remember it all too well.

"Thanks Fushiguro! This is really sweet of you."

Megumi tried his best to recall, "She said something along the lines of thanks and that it's a sweet gesture."

"It's something to me! It's the thought that counts!"

And then the raven-hair continues to recite but not word-for-word, "She also mentioned that it's the thought that counts and that's what mattered to her."