𝒊. love lost

𝒊. love lost
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

" how could i ever love someone else? "- drivers license,, olivia rodrigo

- drivers license,, olivia rodrigo

(season 2 episode 1)

word count; 3,600+

ELLIE WAS THE BEST at kissing in Belly's totally biased opinion. She sat beside her on a beach chair, and kept peppering kisses on her face and lips. Belly couldn't help the giant smile on her face as her arms wrapped around Ellie's waist, pulling her in close. The sun felt wonderful beating down on them, like one huge blanket hugging them. She glanced down at their interlocked fingers, their rings glistened together under the daylight.

"I love you," Ellie says.

Belly's smile widened. "I love you too."

"Ugh, you two are sickening," Dev complained from where he stands, towel over his shoulder.

"Absolutely nauseating," Jeremiah agrees, throwing an arm around the boy's shoulders.

From behind them, Susannah gave a laugh. "Don't listen to them," she says cheerily, holding a glass pitcher of ice tea in her hands. "You two are perfect together."

Ellie smiles down at Belly, leaning in for another kiss.

With a jolt, Belly gasps, sitting up in her desk chair at school, looking around frantically. As she takes in her surroundings, reality sinks in and she remembers where she is and what's going on. She wasn't at Cousins. Ellie and her weren't together, and Susannah was dead. Nothing would ever be the same again.

"Hey, you-you dropped this. Conklin."

Looking up to face Cory, Belly blinks tiredly. "What?" she asks.

Cory laughs. "I said you dropped this, Conklin," he replies, flipping over her book in his hand. "You're reading The Hunger Games in-in French."

As Belly takes the book back, she nods. "Trying to. I almost know the English version by heart, so it's . . . it's not that difficult to follow."

"Very cool."

With a sigh, Belly says, "Thanks." while trying not to think about Ellie and her kissing. It's a rather distracting thought if she muses on it for too long. She misses getting to kiss Ellie, getting to hug her, and talking to her. She misses it all. Escaping to her dreams is easy but being awake is hard these days.