𝒊𝒊. love sorrow

𝒊𝒊. love sorrow
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

" you told me you loved me,so why did you go away? "- last kiss,, taylor swift

so why did you go away? "
- last kiss,, taylor swift

(season 2 episode 1)

word count; 4,100+

THE SECOND WEEK OF SEPTEMBER...

WHEN BELLY HAD CALLED Ellie, it didn't even feel real. But there her contact photo was, brightening Ellie's phone and interrupting her from reading. Though, she didn't care in the slightest. Butterflies erupted through her chest, heart stuttering as she jumped to grab her phone, knocking over her math textbook in the process. She winces at the thud it makes and hopes no one else in the house gets concerned. She swipes to answer the call, unable to help the huge smile that spreads across her face. She has no idea for sure what this call could mean, what will come from it, however she has hopes.

"Belle?" she answers, sitting back against the pillows on her bed. "Hey, hi, um, hi, how-how are you? What's-What's up?"

Through the phone, Belly laughs. "Hey, Elle," Belly says, sounding almost as nervous as Ellie feels. "I, um, I'm great, I'm good. How are y-you? How's school?"

"I'm good, school's good," Ellie replies, pressing the back of her hand against her cheek to stop the ache that's growing there from how hard she's smiling. "Actually, I was just doing math homework. I'm taking trig and algebra this year and because my school hates me they put them both during the same semester."

"I'm in trig too," Belly says. "I mean, like, no, no, who invented trig, and why do they torture innocent high school students with it?"

Ellie glances at her notes with a little sigh. "No idea, but I hate them," she states, giving a little laugh. "I really miss you, you know."

"I miss you too," Belly replies, a cracking sound travelling through the phone when she sighs. "I don't know if this is weird, me calling you. I know we've been texting, but, um, I wanted to hear your voice so . . ."

Biting her lip, Ellie picks at the bottom of her shirt. "It's nice to hear your voice too," she says. "I wish that we could go out. Like, on a date. Just us two somewhere. Living far away sucks."

"Yeah, it does," Belly agrees. "But, maybe we could visit each other. You know, on long weekends or something. If we're not busy. It would be nice to see you."