𝗗𝗼𝗴𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀

Like any cartoon series, it starts with the introduction.

"S-M-I-L-E everyday!

When you are down and out

No need to frown and pout

The smiling critters come to say,

S-M-I-L-E everyday!"

The episode begins in the world of the smiling critters, Wonder Village. It's Valentine's Day and we are with DogDay collecting red and yellow flowers from green bushes. Who will it be for? We do not know yet. What he did not know was that, among piles of leaves and flowers, a lazy and sleepy cat was lying, but he woke up scared by the movement and noise of the leaves; In his curiosity, he leaves his comfortable state and watches DogDay happy and humming.

"DogDay? What are you doing picking flowers?"

"AH!" the stuffed animal with a sun pendant falls on the grass. His eyes meet the cat's bewildered face. "CatNap? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be asleep at home?"

"Yessss" he said it while he narrows his eyes looking away, "but this time it was different; I heard... happy... songs. So I ended up here, so I could sleep, in silence". He looks at him again, a little annoyed. "Why are you picking flowers?"

DogDay is stumped for a moment

"It's Valentine's Day" he smiles. Seeing CatNap motionless, he inhales and exhales for a few seconds and asks. "Don't you...do you know it's Valentine's Day?"

"..no."

"Haha, I would have to teach you. Valentine's Day is a special day, when you have to give gifts to your friends and the people you love."

"Is it like Christmas?"

"Something like that...only it's more romantic and there's no snow". He turns away for a moment and mutters under his breath, "What can I give you as an example?".

CatNap notices the group of flowers it grabbed on DogDay.

"Do the flowers have anything to do with it?"

"E-e-eeh?? Well.." his blushing cheeks confirm it.

"Who are you going to give it to? Tell me."

"If you promise not to tell anyone, promise me!". Watch Cat as she pushes her torso, shoulders and torso towards him.

"I promise". DogDay leans close to his ear and whispers a special name. The reaction is more indifferent than unexpected.

"...CraftyCorn?"

"Shh! It could hear us."

"Ok, ok". His tone of voice drops to a whisper. "Thinking a little better...yes, you have a lot of things in common, but why not tell anyone? Is it bad?"

"It's not bad, it's just that there are secret gifts: gifts that you can't tell someone special that it was you. You'll be able to say it when they accept it."

"How do I do it without being noticed?"

"That's the hard part, doing it carefully and quietly. Just like you, CatNap!"

The purple cat blushes a little at such praise, but he prefers not to express it. The dog looks at the amount of flowers he collected.

"They are beautiful and enough to put in his special vase. Come with me and give me a hand."

"Mmm, I don't want to" he steps back with a sleepy expression.

"I didn't ask you, let's go" with his other hand he grabs the cat's wrist and drags it until he reaches the unicorn tower. In front of the place, DogDay looks from the door to the window that is closest to him, although his short stature does not reach him. "Hmm How can we get in, CatNap?"

CatNap analyzes the tower for a few seconds; He visualizes the window that has a celestial flag and with his (elongated) tail he throws it very high, to tie it to the body of the flag

"You can come in now!"

"Brilliant! Thanks, CatNap."

CatNap just smiles. The orange-furred dog enters through the window and falls in the middle of a flight of stairs. He goes up little by little until he reaches the unicorn's bedroom. Throughout the space, you can see a small area full of brushes, tempera paints, crayons and colored pencils. Near the window that overlooks the place, is the aqua vase with white and yellow dots. He walks over to the vase and gingerly places the flowers inside. He is satisfied with the new image that the colorful vase has and runs away from the place. As DogDay swings down, CatNap asks him, "Well?", to which he hugs him with teary eyes and thanks him again.

***