𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗸

DogDay came up with the idea of gathering everyone present to have a picnic together. As they were walking, DogDay notices his friend's discouragement.

"CatNap, Are you okay?"

"No." CatNap replies.

"Tell me what's happening to you."

"..I have nothing to give to my friends and we are heading towards the picnic." He waits to see DogDay's reaction, but all he gets is a laugh. It seems like it is diminishing in importance, but the opposite is true.

"We don't want to receive a nice or giant gift, we want only you; We just want you to be with us."

"Isn't it about giving gifts to the people you love?"

"Of course, but that is not what gives importance to this day, but rather loving and showing it with your appreciation."

"H-how do I prove it?" he says it uneasily.

"Share something you like... apart from sleeping" he seemed tired when mentioning his main hobby. "What other hobbies do you have?" he waits for CatNap's response and sees that he is stunned. "CatNap, Are you there?" moves his hand at the sight of him.

"Sorry, friend" he emits a light laugh,  "I took it unexpectedly." The cat touches the dog's shoulder with the palm of his hand and then mentions: "you count". DogDay doesn't seem to understand him, but then he catches the reference of those words.

"I tell and you hide?" to which the cat nods his head. That's right, another of his favorite pastimes is hide and seek. DogDay doesn't see the problem, so he starts counting backwards, from ten backwards. "Ready? 10, 9, 8, 7, 6.." nothing was heard when he said «5» ", 4.., 3!.., 2!.., 1!... here I come!"

During the time when the dog with a sun pendant was looking for CatNap, he tries to hide. He tries to enter one of his friends' houses, but each one had an exception. Bobby's house has the windows closed, there are three friends of his at Bubba's house (they could tell DogDay about his hiding place). He doesn't know PickyPiggy's farm well and knows that KichinChicken is busy making another of his songs.

When he's about to knock on Hoppy Hopscotch's door, he realizes that she's CraftyCorn's neighbor! The worst thing is that DogDay is going to look for Bubba's house

When he's about to knock on Hoppy Hopscotch's door, he realizes that she's CraftyCorn's neighbor! The worst thing is that DogDay is going to look for Bubba's house. He knocks on the door 3 times. The third time she opens an energetic rabbit.

"CatNap!" without letting him speak, Hoppy takes CatNap's hand and quickly takes him towards the kitchen, thus closing the door. She takes it to the microwave and starts jumping one foot and then the other.

"Why are you worried, Hoppy?"

"Aagh, I want to drink the chocolate now!" At this point, CatNap would have told her: «Be patient, Hoppy». He decides not to tell her because he is Hoppy's friend and he knows well that she doesn't pay attention to patience. After 5 seconds, the microwave finishes heating the cup of chocolate milk. Hoppy doesn't waste any time and puts it on the table and, without thinking, takes a sip "Oh! My tongue!" Of course, what does not change in seconds is the temperature of the hot cup. CatNap pours a glass of cold water and gives it to Hoppy, who drinks it. "Thank you, CatNap", thanks the bunny. The most energetic critter puts a chocolate muffin in the microwave, sets the time, and lets the machine do its thing.

"Who is that muffin for?" The curious cat asks.

"For someone very, very special in my life" she leaves a tender smile with a blush on one of his cheeks.

"Hoppy?"

"Yeah?"

"What does Valentine's Day mean to you?"

"Oh really?" the rabbit was expecting a more enthusiastic question. "Valentine's Day is a celebration of lovers in which we give gifts to loved ones, we eat chocolates, we race and we kiss, yuck!", she sticks out his tongue and closes his eyes as a sign of her displeasure. "But we don't do that last one, I think so".

"A celebration of lovers?"

"Yes." She answered bitterly.

"I think I got confused. So it's not similar to Christmas?"

"Nope." Hoppy notices his friend's discouragement. "But hey! Today is not the time to be sad. You're not the only one who doesn't know", he hints as he taps the cat's arm with his elbow. "Ask Bubbaphant, he knows more things than I know".

But before the cat could open his mouth, he heard tapping wood. That's right, someone is knocking on the front door. Hoppy prepares to run, but CatNap blocks his path.

"Wait!" He said in a low voice. Who was knocking on the door was DogDay. "What's happening?"

"I'm hiding from DogDay."

"I need a brief explanation." She says it with a confused mind.

"We're playing hide and seek."

"Oh really??" She gets excited, "Can I play too?"

"Yes, but the game has already started."

"I'll participate if they find you, right?"

"Or if DogDay gives up," adds the purple cat.

"Hmm! DogDay, CatNap-" The stuffed animal whose collar is a waning moon shushes the rabbit with his tail and turns around so she can see how he grabs the chocolate muffin and proceeds to eat it.

"Is CatNap there??" asks the orange dog. 

The cat releases its tail so she can make a decision.

"Nooo." She had no choice; He didn't want to lose his chocolate muffin.

"Hoppy, I know you're good at lying." A simple «no» created DogDay's suspicions.

"Let's make a deal." the purple stuffed animal takes action. "You help me escape and I'll give you back this delicious muffin. Deal?

"Deal." The rabbit smiles and shakes her hand with that of her friend, almost the opposite of her.

At that same moment, she takes him to the last window left in his room and he flees thanks to the length of his tail; at the same time Doggy enters Hoppy's house. CatNap runs without looking back and thinks to hide in his cat house, but it is in the center of the village, which is why he decides to go to the dark forest. He hides in a section of a lot of leaves and trees. He remains vigilant in case he sees his dog friend approaching. Suddenly leaves are heard moving behind him among them, the nocturnal cat becomes afraid and moves away from that place. The surprise he receives is the appearance of a metallic arm, different from that of his smiling friends. Five fingers and openings of this same material showing a human bone. The smiling lavender-scented creature retreats little by little, but stops when it is caressed on the head by the claw of unknown origin. Half an hour later DogDay arrives at CatNap's hideout where he finally finds him.

"CatNap, I found you." He emits a tired laugh from searching for him so much. "You are very difficult to find. Our friends are waiting for us at my house, let's go." He seems to leave the place but takes steps back. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!". He says it with the spirit that she has left, but his attempts have no response. He continues to see the cold reaction of his friend; He is still and only sees her back. "CatNap..., this is serious, just tell me if you want to stay a little longer". There is no response and the silence makes DogDay worry. He walks over quickly and moves the cat's shoulder to look at it. What was filled with fear was seeing him with a son chillingly large laughter and tiny white human pupils in his totally empty holes. Although He looked at him, he did not say nor move from the place where he has hidden.

***