Welcom Home

The smiles of the little critters shinned brighter than ever. Their once terrified faces were now smiling happily at you. You reach down to pick them up one by one, placing them on the ground gently. Their little tails wiggling with excitement. They all look at you eagerly as the dog approached you happily. He speaks to you.

"Thank you so much, Miss..."

The dog looked shy, but also happy. You get down on your knees and smile softly at him, reaching your hand to caress his fuzzy cheeks. His tail wags happily.

"You little guys mind telling me who you are?"

You say warmly to them, not raising your voice too much. They all look at you and smile. The yellow chicken pushes up front and waves his wing, confidently.

"I'm Kicken Chicken!"

He yells, his voice loud and clear. You giggle softly as the other critters groan at his pushing. The red bear speaks up next.

"I'm Bobby Bearhug!"

The bear with a red heart as their charm spoke out happily. Their higher pitched and soft voice makes you think they're a female. Probably because she was. The blue elephant and green rabbit come up next. Their voices completely different from each other.

"I'm Bubba Bubbaphant!"

"And I'm Hoppy Hopscotch!"

   The rabbit critter jumps happily, and rather high, as the elephant was more calm. The dog finally manages to get enough courage and speaks up.

"I'm DogDay! It's nice to meet ya!"

   He wags his tail happily again as he looks up at you wanting approval. The unicorn and pig comes up smiling bashfully.

"I'm Crafty Corn!"

"I'm Picky Piggy!"

   The unicorn and pig say happily as they smile brighter. As you were about to properly welcome them, one last critter popped up. A purple cat with a permanent grin. His purple tail swayed slightly as he just stared at you. You could feel your body tense slightly at his gaze, but immediately brush it off. You smile softly at him.

"Hello there, what's your name?"

You say gently, not wanting to scare him off. He looks at you and cocks his cat-like head to the side, his grin never wavering. Just as you were going to ask again, DogDay interrupts.

"That's CatNap! He doesn't talk much."

He says while scattering towards you, tugging on your lap as if wanting to get on. You look down at him and carefully pick him up, placing him on your lap. He sat there like a cute plushie on a child's lap. You look back at CatNap as he was already curled up in a ball, napping. You smile softly at the adorable sight. The other smiling critters look at you and DogDay curiously as they inched closer to you. HoppyHopscotch jumped onto your lap as well wanting to join the fun DogDay was having. Having her jump so suddenly startled you a bit, but you chuckled it off. The others gaining more confidence decided to join in, all huddling near you. You look at them curiously as they yearned for affection. Something about their poor, fragile bodies made you sympathize for them even more.

You decided to stay like this for a while, letting the critters get the love they deserve. All while you stared at CatNap sleeping on the carpet in front of you. It wasn't until you noticed how dirty they truly were. They had dirt or slightly torn cotton. Either way, they needed a bath. You cleared your throat.

"You guys are rather dirty, how about a bath?"

You ask them. They all look at each other confused. As if they didn't know what it was. Kicken looked up at you from his position on leaning down on your thigh.