~4~

Leah was currently getting ready. It had been about a week since she received her new script, and the audition day was here. Leah honestly didn't feel very nervous at all. She had always been great at answering questions, so she didn't have to worry about the interview portion, and she had practiced the script until she couldn't practice anymore. There wasn't much more she could do. She was as prepared as she could possibly be. She went downstairs to the kitchen where her mother was making breakfast. "Do you want strawberry or grape jelly with your toast?" Lee asked when she saw Leah walk in.

"Strawberry. What color do you think I should wear for my audition today? I'm having trouble picking an outfit," Leah responded.

"You know I'm always gonna tell you pink," Lee said as she sat a plate of toast, eggs, and bacon in front of Leah.

"I know," Leah laughed, "Do you really think pink will look good?"

"Yes, it matches your skin so well. You look amazing in pink," Lee smiled. Leah's father had left for work already, so the two of them sat down and had breakfast together.

"So... how are you feeling? You still think you're gonna do well?" Lee asked. They had actually had this exact same conversation the night before, but Lee couldn't help but keep asking. She recognized that Leah wanted this role, and she wanted her daughter to do well.

"Yes, ma'am, I think I'm gonna do great," Leah answered.

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes, mom."

"I'm just making sure. You know to do good, you need to feel like you're gonna do good."

"Yes, ma'am, I know."

"You're not very talkative today," Lee said.

"I'm trying to conserve my voice," Leah smiled.

"Leah, you're acting, not singing," Lee said, making her daughter laugh.

The two of them finished eating their food, and Leah went back upstairs to finish getting ready. She ended up wearing pink like her mother had suggested, and putting in the same hairstyle she wore for her first audition. When she walked out of her bathroom, her mom was at her desk setting up her phone for the zoom call. "You should be all set," Lee smiled.

"Thank you," Leah responded.

Once Lee had left the room, Leah sat down at her desk and waited for the call to start. She turned in her chair, looking around her room making sure nothing was out of place. Soon, people started to enter the zoom call. Leah greeted them all with a "hello" and a "good morning". It was the same  five casting directors as last time, plus two extra people. "Hi, Miss Leah! I'm so glad to be talking to you again," one of the women said. It was the same woman who asked all the questions last time, "I don't think I ever introduced myself. My name is Carmen, and I am the casting director for Percy Jackson. Mr.John, Mr.Wren, Mr.Jax, and Mrs.Jessica are my assistants. Hopefully, you recognize them, they were in the call last time. We've also been joined by our lovely producer, Mrs.Laney Carlisle, and our director, Mr.Aaron Macklin. Do you mind introducing yourself for us?"

"Hi! My name is Leah Sava Jeffries, and I'm 12 years old," she smiled. All the adults waved to her.

"Alright, Leah, we're gonna start with the interview portion if that's okay?" Leah nodded.

"Okay, for this interview, we're gonna ask about five to six questions. Some of them will pertain to the show and the role you're auditioning for, others will have nothing to do with it all. I think Mr.Aaron wants to start us off?" Carmen explained.

"Yes, thank you, Carmen. Alright, my question for you is: What is your favorite thing about the character, Annabeth Chase?" he asked. Leah paused to think for a moment,