CHAPTER~4

RECAP:Alessandro barged inside the room only to froze at the site in front him. He wanted to move but his legs are freezed seeing the horrifying scene in front of him. It was like his nightmare was standing in front of him. He felt as if the food he ate was ready to come out. Everyone too freezed at the sight. Their heart dropped in their stomach and nauseous feeling arose in them.
This was the sight they never ever wish to see again.
————————————————————

In front of Alessandro, there was Lavinia on Isabella's lap. Lavinia was choking on her milk and her breaths are uneven, she wasn't able to breathe properly. Isabella and rose were crying. She was rubbing her back, trying to help her breathe.
Alessandro rushed towards her, and took Lavinia from Isabella. He asked
"W-what the h-ell happened Isa??How's- she was fine just a min ago??" To which she replied " I-i don't know ales, I was feeding her the-then she suddenly choked on milk and her breaths became uneven" she stuttered and tears flowing down her eyes. "Alessandro!! It's not a time for what and how!! We need to go the hospital NOW!!" Enrico told him. He nodded and rushed outside with lavinia on his arms struggling to breathe. They all runned after him, while Augustus and Rose stayed behind with the children who are badly crying now. They all are very scared for her.
Meanwhile , alessandro violently droves down the road with Isabella trying to shush down the crying lavinia and viping her mouth and body when suddenly Lavinia stopped crying and closed her eyes. Everyone got scared so much that they even forgot to breathe. Alessandro drove even more fast and reached hospital in a couple of minutes.
They called the doctors who immediately took her to NICU. Isabella was sitting on waiting chair , crying. Olivia and Adriano were consoling her.
Alessandro was pacing in hallways, his patience running thin as it's been two hours and there wasn't any reply from doctors. His mind was imagining terrifying scenarios. Enrico placed his hand on his shoulder, halting him. Alessandro turned towards him, his eyes were filled with tears, he was trying to hold himself but it's his daughter we are talking about.
Enrico on seeing his son's tearful gaze, hugged him tightly and tried to console the broken father who was dying each second seeing his daughter's condition.
Isabella on seeing her husband's condition couldn't stop herself from hugging him tightly.
"D-don't wo-orry ales, ou-r princess is str-ong. Nothing would ever happen to her not until she have her father. D-don't lose hope. She's your daughter." Alessandro couldn't help himself but shove his face on her neck and cry. He never felt so helpless. Helplessness is the worst feeling in the world.
Suddenly a doctor came out of the ward, they all rushed towards him and bombarded him with questions. They all  not non-stop asked the questions which frustrated the doctors on seeing all this Marcello shouted at everyone to shut the fuck up and let the doctor say something , everything grumbled under their breath but did as Marcello said.
" Ms Lavinia's condition is stable now. I want to have a talk with her parents in private, shall we Mr. And Mrs. Marino?" Alessandro nodded and they both rushed towards doctor's cabin.
" Now can we start doctor?" Alessandro was getting frustrated with all this. He just wants to know that his daughter is fine and he can meet her.
Doctor nodded and said
"I'm sorry to say Mr. And Mrs. Marino but your daughter have CHD- what's that" Alessandro interrupted him in between. Doctor looked at Isabella for help. Isabella glared at her husband who huffed but complied and let the poor doctor continue,
" So yeah where I  was- yes CHD that is Congenital Heart Defect. It is a problem with the structure of the heart that a child is born with.
Some congenital heart defects in children are simple and don't need treatment. Other congenital heart defects in children are more complex and may require several surgeries performed over a period of several years. Fortunately, in Lavinia we had found early, so a surgery can be avoided with proper treatment and  care" Alessandro's and Isabella's heart broke when they learned about their daughter's condition. Isabella asked-
"B-but w-why her doc-ter. She's just a small few days old baby"  tears are falling down their faces.  Doctor sighed and said
"Most congenital heart defects result from changes that occur early as the baby's heart is developing before birth. The exact cause of most congenital heart defects is unknown.
Some infants are born with several congenital heart defects that affect the structure and function of the heart. Very complex heart problems may cause significant changes in blood flow or undeveloped heart chambers. Although as she was in early stage so it can be cured though there maybe some complications"
"What complications?" Alessandro asked worriedly.
"Potential complications of a congenital heart defect include:
1. Congestive heart failure. This serious complication may develop in babies who have a significant heart defect. Signs of congestive heart failure include rapid breathing, often with gasping breaths, and poor weight gain.
2.Heart infections. Congenital heart defects can increase the risk of infection of the heart tissue (endocarditis), which can lead to new heart valve problems.
3.Irregular heart rhythms
4.Slower growth and development
:Children with more-serious congenital heart defects often develop and grow more slowly than do children who don't have heart defects. They may be smaller than other children of the same age
And strokes."
Alessandro and Isabella's heart stopped , after listening all the complications that their lavi may have to go through, they can't help but curse their poor faith.
"But why we didn't found about it earlier" Alessandro asked feeling angry at himself for not doing proper check up of Lavinia.
" CHD is noticed soon after birth or during the few months after birth. There are some symptoms which parents sometimes ignore not knowing they can be life threatening like pale gray or blue lips , rapid breathing, swelling in legs , belly."  Isabella's face paled after listening this. Alessandro too observed this and asked her what happened.
" Lavinia's lips were blue and she-e was looking a little pale too B-but I thought it was co-mmon as Alex too had that so- she was stopped when Alessandro crushed the glass which was on the table. She flinched and curse herself for being so reckless.
Doctor shakes his head and told them to calm down and that it's the most common mistake which almost every parents do.
He then informed them that Lavinia will be under observation for some days and they will be starting her medication so the case doesn't get worse and told them that can meet her but with proper medical suit, to prevent further infections.
They both exited the cabin. After seeing them exit the cabin, the rest of the family hurriedly came towards them and asked what did the doctor told them.
They with heavy heart told them what the doctor had said. Enrico collapsed on near chair with his head between his hands. They all rushed towards him. It was heartbreaking to see the man who cried only on his wife's demise was crying his heart out. They all unable to control their tears cried with him.
Then a nurse came and informed them that only 2 person at a time can meet Lavinia with proper medical suit. Enrico nodded at Alessandro and Isabella and gestured them to go ahead. They both nodded and went to change their clothes into the medical attire. Then they had taken in NICU , where Lavi is currently held.
When they entered, the scene in front of them, broke something in them which will take years to heal. There was Lavinia in an incubator with a breathing mask and several wires were going in and out of  her small fragile body. They both cried seeing their daughter's state. Alessandro side hugged Isabella to provide support to her who had been crying nonstop for hours. He knows she's blaming herself for lavi's condition somewhere he's blaming himself too. Only if he was more careful. Then the nurse guide them towards Lavinia, who's sleeping peacefully.

They both can't help but ask the nurse to hold her even if it is for a second

They both can't help but ask the nurse to hold her even if it is for a second. With reluctance, nurse gave them Lavinia. Alessandro carefully held her in his arms. He was thinking yesterday only they were enjoying with her laughing, giggling and making her cute faces and now! Now they are here.
Then Alessandro slowly and carefully gives her to Isabella who has been patiently waiting for her turn.
She quickly held her to his chest. Finally feeling relief of her small fragile body being pressed against her.

Lavinia as if sensing her parents ,holds her mother's and father's hand in her little fist

Lavinia as if sensing her parents ,holds her mother's and father's hand in her little fist. The nurse told them Lavinia was under anaesthesia'seffect. Then unfortunately it was their time to leave and let others have their turn.

They reluctantly gave her back to the nurse who quickly put her back in her incubator and closed it

They reluctantly gave her back to the nurse who quickly put her back in her incubator and closed it. They both one last time touched her from the glass and left. Alessandro before leaving warned the nurse to look after his daughter carefully or else she wouldn't know what will happen to her or her family. The nurse fearfully nodded and all the attitude from before disappeared.
They exited the NICU. Then everyone in two-two pairs gone and meet her. Then Alessandro asked all of them to go back as he'll be staying over with Lavinia everyone denied but Enrico forced them to go with a promise that they can come tomorrow.
Adriano informed Alessandro about the arrival of fabio's, who want to come her too but it's too late. Alessandro told Adriano to tell them they can come tomorrow with rest of them. He also asked Isabella to go but she refused saying "what if Lavinia needs me? I need to be there for her" . Alessandro said "but aziel, luca , rowan, Kian and most importantly Alex needs you. Go. They too need their mother. They all are scared." Finally after a lot of persuading she finally agreed. They all left while Alessandro, Enrico and Marcello stayed behind.

————————————————————
So how's the chapter guys. It is one of the most emotional chapter I have ever written. Hope you all like it. Plz vote and share your opinions so I can make the chapters more better than this one.