Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Ch. 3

Luna

Saturday night, I was getting ready for Sebastian and Sweet's anniversary party. It was a small gathering just for family and close friends. I didn't need my glam squad to get ready.

I couldn't wait for the party, but the idea of seeing Colton again made me cringe.

Well. I'll just do my best to stay away from him.

After I took a shower and put on a little makeup, I chose a dress from my huge closet. It took forever to pick a dress. They were all too flashy for my taste. I gave up and followed my heart, no regrets. I went in a plain black dress and flat ballet shoes

Barry showed up at seven to get me. He looked super fancy and stylish in white and purple suit.

He gave me a weird look when he saw what I was wearing.

"Are you going to a funeral or what? We're heading to a party, sweetheart." He sighed, looking disappointed. "Our outfits are totally clashing. You should change."

"It's just a small gathering with family and close friends. We don't need to glam up."

"Yeah, but there's going to be tons of photos and videos. We still have to look sharp for our company. You're aware of how our business is doing. We can't risk anything that could harm us."

Well, he was right. We couldn't argue, otherwise we'd be late for the party. Plus, I already let him down when I told him on the phone this morning that I couldn't hire a consultant to fix our business. I didn't want him to feel worse just because of a dress.

I managed to switch into a purple dress and matching stilettos in no time. He was really pleased that it matched his suit.

"Perfect," he beamed and gave me a kiss.

Afterwards, he drove us to the party in his cool red Audi sports car. He was driving like a turtle compared to other drivers. I stopped telling him about that, cause he'd always say it was for our safety.

We got to talk about his meeting with Mr. Oishi.

"It went really well. He's super confident our product will do well in his stores." He said with a big smile, still talking and driving. "We just got to send him some samples of our clothes before he'll give us his first job order. He wants to see which cloth materials and styles would work for the Asian market."

"That's awesome!"

"Totally. That's why we need to fix this hot mess in our company. We don't want Mr. Oishi to know what's going on. This guy is our golden opportunity to tap into the Asian market. Therefore, we need to find a business consultant. ASAP."

"Yeah, we should." I nodded.

Anyone, but not Colton.

***

The party was at the Stavrakos Hotel, in the fancy grand ballroom. The venue was all dolled up with flowers, candles, and pretty lights, creating a really romantic vibe. A female singer was onstage, singing love songs, while everyone was talking, laughing and drinking wine, while waiting for the other guests to arrive.

Barry and I went to Sebastian and Sweet's table. We greeted them with a happy anniversary. We also got them a gift - a matching sweater I know they'd love.

We also got some presents for their kids. Some pocket toys for them to bring anywhere.

"Hi, Aunt Luna," Samuel, aged six, and the twins, Joshua and Zoe, both four, got off from their table and gave me a hug. They were always aloof with Barry, they just waved hi to him.