Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 4

Colton

I looked at Luna, then at the guy kneeling in front of her, asking for her hand in marriage.

It hit me who the guy was. Barry Cox.

I knew him. I saw him at New York University during college. He was two years ahead of me. He studied marketing and practiced by selling himself to women.

That guy is no good. Someone who plays, uses, takes advantage, and manipulates. He charmed girls to get whatever he wanted. Back then, he'd done something so awful that I totally despised him.

I got bothered and anxious, waiting for Luna's answer. When her eyes met mine again across the room, I hoped my expression conveyed how I felt.

Nope, nope. Don't say yes to that fucking jerk.

"Yes!" Luna exclaimed, and everyone cheered.

I was so dismayed as I watched the newly engaged couple kissing each other. Barry Cox was grinning like crazy, like he just won the lottery.

He can't be part of the Stavrakos family, no way. I had to protect Luna and her family.

"Hey, Colton! I got your message. Did you make it to Gerald?" My twin sister Erin came up and interrupted my thoughts.

Gerald has been my best friend since high school. His car's battery died, so I went to give him a hand. I would've made it to the party on time, but there was a car crash causing a huge traffic jam.

"Yeah, I did. I had a mechanic pick up his car. I left him at his place."

"What's up with those packages?" She looked at the parcels I was holding. My hands were full, so I couldn't catch the door before it slammed earlier.

"For the kids."

"I'm sure they'll be super excited." She beamed. "I bet you're starving. I'll tell a server to get you some food."

"Thanks. Where am I going to sit?"

"Obviously, with the family. You can't sit with the bridesmaid anymore. They're all taken, and the last one just got engaged."

I couldn't help but smirk and shake my head. "I'm a good boy now, Erin."

"Really, huh?"

"I'll go greet Sebastian and Sweet first."

I saw Sweet with her kids at their table.

"Hey, Uncle Colton!" The kids were so loud, jumping off the table, and running straight to me.

I just dropped the packages and let the kids jump on me.

"You made it, yay! I'm so happy you're here." Sweet looked totally surprised and watched as I hugged and kissed her kids.

"Happy wedding anniversary, Sweet." I gave her a hug and a kiss on her temple. "Where's Sebastian?"

"He went to talk to someone for a sec."

"Sorry, I'm late." I explained to her what happened, and she totally understood.

"What matters is, you're here." She hugged me again. "By the way, thanks for your gift. That's way too fancy."

"No worries."

I emailed her my gift last night. It was an all-expenses paid vacation and unlimited stay for her family, in one of the presidential suites at Dubai's most iconic hotel, Burj Al Arab.

"What's in those boxes?" Samuel, who resembled his dad, noticed the scattered packages on the floor. "Are they for us?"

The twins quit being all clingy and started gawking at the boxes.

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the br...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.