Author Interview: The Failed Etherial by @sparklet11

Today we are interviewing the author of The Failed Etherial, the Grand Winner of New Year's Fiesta 2024 contest, sparklet11

1. How would you describe your writing?

My writing focuses more on plot and story flow. It's semi-descriptive and emphasizes on characterization and world- building.

2. What are some of your favourite books?

Harry Potter. The universal choice. No matter how many books I come across, this one has been etched to my heart and made a greater impact.

3. Who would you say is your writing inspiration?

The author of 'We Hunt the Flame', Hafsah Faizal is my inspiration. She's incredible and I was in awe while reading her books!

4. What would you consider essential qualities for your protagonist?

A protagonist carries the greatest responsibility of bridging the link between the story and the reader. I think the protagonist must be a connectable and relatable character, who is able to confide his/her feelings and help the reader visualize the scene vividly. Every reader has a different way of interpreting and visualising a story, and the protagonist plays the key role in it.

5. What makes for a good story?

When it comes to a good story, anything with a good and unique plot would qualify. Though grammatical errors and writing style matter, they are the requirements for a distinguished and good author. So if you have a good plot that goes along with a good coffee, you're qualified!

6. If you could travel to any time period, which would you choose?

Time travel is my biggest dream. Though I am just a sophomore, I wish I could go back to my school days, where rain meant happiness and friends meant family.

7. Tell us one of your writing goals.

The biggest writing goal for me is to defeat writer's block. It's like a disease which I am still suffering from and searching for its medication through contests and challenges.

8. What's next for you in terms of writing?

I am working on an ONC project, Pristine's Problem, as of now. Hoping to create more interesting stories and establish myself as a good author