30. Forked Road

A wall blocked the bright avenue from sumptuous wealth. 

Another decrepit forest path has been occupied.

And she still has to return to the road of thorns, 

paying for her wishful thinking.

1.

I know another friend who is writer named Scott, he was not like me writing nonsense every day, his works had won a bunch of awards, maybe because he did not have to worry about money, so he had a lot of leisure time to write.

This guy was filthy rich, but he didn't rely on his parents, he started selling his books when he was in school, so his expenses were never sponsored by his parents.

His family did have a weaving mill.

Because he wrote love story, so in order to create a story, he always reminded himself to let love integrated into his life, but he was a house man, and always wandered in the factory, so there was a young female worker in the factory accidentally got pregnant with him, his parents were anxious to get grandchildren, so he married this female worker.

It's time to find another worker.

During the recruitment, his parents asked me to post the recruitment notice online, and soon, a girl named Karen signed the contract.

Karen was born in a scholarly family, his father was a newspaper editor, once because of the publication of a sensitive topic of the article he got fired, wherever he went he got rejection.

He taught Karen from childhood: "Everyone in the world is suffering, literature is used to lay bare the truth, and the words of praise is just a tool."

Because the father did not have a considerable income, the mother was just a farmer, so Karen had been living in poverty since middle school, but she got a lot of books at home, the bookcase shelf and storage room were full of books, so in small Karen's mind there are two worlds, one was filled with low quality food and clothes. Another was filled with imagination and hope.

2.

The first day to the factory, Karen had never done this kind of work, she had interview at many companies which reject her all because of her father's disgusting reputation. So, she could only come to work in the factory. But Karen had never done this kind of rough work, just started the sawing machine and she got the needle pricked into her finger, blood was like the rushing river broke her ambition. She was hiding in the corner crying.

Just happened to meet the wandering Scott, went forward and squatted down and asked: "What happened to you?"

Karen did not know who he was, and said to herself: " with rue my heart is laden. I should be reduced to such a state, filled with ambitions!"

Scott immediately became interested, and a worker unexpectedly came out of her mouth with a poem by the poet Housman, so he said: "Pushkin told us that if life has deceived you, don't be sad and don't be impatient "

Karen wiped away the tears blurred, looked at the eyes of Scott: "You don't look like working here."

Scott smiled and replied, "Of course I work here, but I do not work, I exploit, I am a wicked capitalist."

Karen immediately understood that this should be the son of the factory director who was always gossiped by other workers, and she quickly stood up and said: "Sorry, I should not be lazy, I will go to work."

And she walked towards the machine.

Two days later, at the request of Scott, Karen was transferred from the workshop, went to the office to help picking up delivery, the work is much easier, will not get fingers cut.