5- He's Home

CRYSTAL

"Isn't he quite the gentleman?" Mother swoons where she's seated on her bed with her hands cupping her cheeks. She's lucky Father isn't here to hear that!

“You flatter too much, Luna,” Silver replies casually, stroking the back of my hand with his thumb.

G-Gentleman? His hold on my hand is gentle and firm as well as the look in his eyes. It almost feels like he's watching me like a hawk.

First thing first, please give me my hand back.

Good. Now a little distance… Shit! My hand still feels his warmth and a current still runs through me. I can already feel the turmoil that's piling up for me.

An Alpha's rut is no joke. There's a high increase in sexual appetite and we have little to no control over ourselves. It is just like an Omega in heat only this time, if it piles up for too long, it could lead to loss of consciousness  at intervals and in a case where it has piled up for years, it could lead to a Coma and chances of waking up is…

"Do you know he's also a Lycan?" Mother boasts with that smile still on her face. "One strong Alpha gene and Lycan gene to go please," she giggles. "Oh! I can't wait to meet my grandkids."

I lift my eyes to Silver to see he's still staring at me. Has he forgotten that he's betrothed to Ruby? Don't look at me with such seductive and flirty eyes! He's putting shit in my head.

"A wedding comes first, mom," I say, still holding his gaze and taking a big gulp. "They'll have to get married first-"

"Let me wish, Crystal. You've been married five years and you refuse to give me a grandchild-"

I hold my breath at the information as my eyes go round in shock. Why did she… no, wait, why am I suddenly worried about that? Yes, I am married. It doesn't matter if I'm standing before my fated mate and he's giving me a small frown now like he's displeased at what he hears but then, he too is getting married.

We belong to different people even while being fated together. The best thing we can do… is rejection.

Just the thought of it grips me with an unknown fear. I've heard the tales of it and not one is good.

For an Alpha like me who is already mentally unstable, chances of me running mad is high.

It doesn't matter what step I take, there is no good ending for me in this world.

Silver keeps staring at me with a doubtful gaze but instead, I lift my left hand, showing off my ring and I pat my hair all the way back. "John and I are taking our time."

"That's what you always say," Ruby smiles. "Are you sure you just don't hate kids?" She walks away from my side and heads to mom while I turn in their direction, hoping to put him behind me. "That's not too bad. I mean, those things literally put your life on hold."

"Shut up!" Mother scowls. "I know not to expect a pup from you but Silver will fix that."

"Actually, I agree with Crystal," he says to my surprise. "We can take our time." He's standing by my side all of a sudden, so close that I hug my arms , protecting myself from touching him again.

I can feel the warmth of his skin in the cold room and I so desperately wish I can take a step closer but I have to put on this charade a little longer.

I need to bear with it even though I'm basically freezing to my death standing here.

Ruby throws Silver a smirk before she faces mother and they have a little push and pull on opinions. Hearing Silver says he agrees with me actually has me thinking. I've always wanted kids. Lots of kids to play with and love but when I'm left with little to no choice, I have to fake that we're taking our time.