ἕν

Forks, Washington

            It was Monday morning, 7 o'clock. Rain is heavily pouring outside with loud thunders erupting from the sky. It was a cold day, but I only wanted was to sleep as I spent my nights taking care of the needs of my little siblings. Agape thought that it would be a great idea if she would just randomly wake up crying in the middle of the night, which wasn't helpful at all as it would cause Philos to wake up also. With a banging cries of the babies from left to right, causes Uncle Charlie to rush right inside of my room. The poor guy is clearly exhausted but still came just to check on us.

           Luckily it didn't take long for the twins to calm down after 2 bottles of milk, 2 bottles each and a change of their diapers. With the help of Uncle Charlie, it did made my job easier. When we finally finish cleaning the mess that the twins made, it was already 1:45 AM which made me groan in exhaustion as Uncle was just chuckling in amusement at how we both look so stress, all because of the little human's ruckus.

           I was now staring at the large window, looking outside in daze as I took my time watching the heavy rain pouring nonstop. It made me smile just a bit at how relaxing it sounds like, I immediately took a quick glance to the babies and sighed in relief when I notice them sleeping heavily. I then turn my attention back to window, the sound of rain started to lull me to sleep as it continues to pour down, muffled sound of thunders from the sky making me more sleepy. But goodness really did end when I heard a grunt then turned into a small whine, I immediately drag my body to make a bottle of milk. As I know that it was already the time for the twins breakfast, too early for my sake.

          While I was shaking two bottles mixing the baby formula and warm water in it, I was standing while closing my eyes. Can't help it. While yawning every now and then, my hair was ruffled like a birds nest. But I never bother to fix it when both the babies started to cry in anger, making me run to their crib as I tried calming them by letting them suckle each of their respective bottle of milk. I was busy trying not to fall over as I was literally sleepy, making my head nod in sleepiness. Causing my little brother Philos to giggle loudly, my eyes immediately went wide open when I heard the sweetest voice in the world. My sleepiness immediately dissappears.

        "Aren't you such a charmer." I cooed as I was rubbing his soft skin forehead but it seems Agape wanted my attention too when she started to grunt in dissatisfaction. "Alright alright, Agape is also a charmer." I said in amusement as I also did the same thing on Agape, rubbing her forehead. Making her hum in satisfaction. Meanwhile, Philos was giving the meanest side eye to his sister.

         It made me giggle everytime when Philos and Agape would try their tricks just to get my attention, they are literally competing with each other. Both of then never showed any signs of backing down. Both are competitive even though their are still babies. Even showed some possessive tendency, but there are times when both of them would just have some agreement.

         As I was busy teasing my babies, realization struck me when I haven't unpack any of our luggage. Out of consciousness, my attention went to the luggage that was put in the corner. Deciding to just do it now before I could even forget it, I stand up while also grabbing a rattle and a stuff toy so the little human would be distracted.

       I immediately went to the luggage side and start unpacking, the only noise filling the room was the twins giggles and the constant noise of the rattle toy, clothes being put properly in a large closet. At exactly 8 in the morning, I was done. That's when Uncle came up, calling me to eat breakfast. The rain still didn't subside, that means he won't be going to work early.

        "Lianna, you can come down now. I'll watch the twins while you eat downstairs." He said as he immediately went to twins crib. I only give him a smile and a thumbs up and went downstairs.

          At the kitchen, I immediately notice the  bacon and eggs combination. Which I can say that he cook it himself since it was still smoking hot, I didn't even bother to waste another minute as I grab my own portion and chuck in.

         After the eating my food, I wash the remaining dishes in the sink and immediately went upstairs. Just before I could open the door of my room, I heard the loud laughter of Uncle Charlie and large giggles of the twins. It made me smile more how accepting Charlie was to us, even if he only met us thrice. He didn't care and took us under his wing, which made me appreciate him even more. My blood—close relative didn't even hesitate to reject our presence when they found out that we became orphans, it wasn't a big deal for me, in fact I was glad cause I know those  shitty relatives only wanted what my parents have. As I entered the room, the three people didn’t even notice my presence so I decided to just look outside.

               I remember that school wouldn't start until two months after, enough for me to enjoy my weekends and vacation. And also to roam around Forks, get to know them and all the lands in this little town.

            "It's always been like this." I flinch when a voice suddenly interrupted my daze look. "What?"

           "You know, the rain. This town would be lucky if it gets sunny." Uncle said.

         "Tell me more about this town." I said in interest. "Well, how should I start this. Forks is a small town with only hundreds of people resided, technically everybody knows each other in this town. So if ever a new people comes here or move here, they would start gossiping about them. Studying them like some kind of a parade animal." I chuckled on what he said. "So does that mean that I'm the topic of their gossip right now?" He smiled but nodded. "Well, yes especially on how you look."

          Minutes past, we were too caught up with being amuse by the babies. Until Charlie excuses himself saying it was time for his shift, which I reply with  a Goodluck and goodbye.

          The twins are already asleep after I change their diapers and lulled them to sleep by playing their favorite song, Mozart and Beethoven. I settled myself down after rearranging the large sofa, putting it directly facing the window. As I was watching everything down below, I notice a deer and its fawn. The fawn and the deer was busy sniffing something, which piqued my interest. Until the deer and the fawn run away in a panic, it looks like it was scared by something. Weird.

             Looking forward in the large trees, I notice a person. Even though the rain was pouring heavily, resulting in some hazy view. I could not be wrong if I saw a person, a blonde perso— no, it's a blonde girl. I tried rubbing my eyes thinking I was just hallucinating, who would be so crazy to just go outside in the middle of a heavy rain. I then put my attention back to where I found her, that's when I notice that no one's their. There are no traces of a person.

           Ok, this is getting weirder.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: My 2nd semester exam is  near, that only meant that I won't be able to touch my phone as I would busy with studying and review my notes. Can't afford to have a failure results y'know.

Wishes and Goodlucks for everyone who's going to experience the hell part of 2nd sem.

Word count: 1368