03

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

You were five years old when Toshinori found you.

Well-- at least that's what doctors tell him. 

Specialists were never able to pinpoint your exact date of birth and the multitude of DNA tests assessed did their best to determine your age exact age as accurately as possible. Since the day of your arrival, you have been an enigma to the man, and you still are.

He's unsure how much longer he can go on.

The fight was brutal. Blow after blow, strike after strike, back and forth. And the rest of the world stood still as they watched. Which side would win; heroes or villains? Toshinori never thought life was so black and white, simple. Nothing in this world is.

If it were, would villains even exist?

As of right now, there's zero time to ponder the thought, as his mind was too focused on his current state. He doesn't know how much longer he can go on, every breath he takes is heavier than the last. He barely manages to meet his eyes on the unphased man in front of him.

His eyes are dead, however the villain only smirks. It's malicious, cruel. The sweat from All Might's body almost threatens to turn cold. He stares directly into the face of hope, of justice, only smirking, and it's that smirk that All Might gains a second wind.

No, nothing in this world was black and white. 

The honor of bestowing the title of hero wasn't one without its downsides. It's sacrifices. And its sacrifice was one Toshinori would make without a second thought.

The Symbol of Evil is fully aware the fight is coming to an end, and as the final blow shoots toward his face, he remains only still, and with that, the grin on his face turns slack when he's pelted into the air at the full brunt of a single fist plummeting into his skin.

The sheer force of the single motion cleared the mountainous amount of smoke that clouded the battle from the naked eye for a split moment, and what remained was a single fist in the air.

The footage cuts to black afterward, and no one remembers much of the aftermath. All that was left was the metropolitan city turned battleground that was reduced to nothing but smoke and rubble. Even if anyone wanted to catch a glimpse, the thick dust and debris clouded their ability to do so.

And Toshinori stood in the center of it, the thick smoke that poisoned the atmosphere with dust and debris sheltered inside his airways. His already frailed and beaten lungs struggled desperately for air, and no matter how much he heaved, and coughed, it was not enough.

He's too exhausted to run, to escape to clear air, his head only falls as he lets his eyes flutter shut, yet before they fully close, the sight below jerks them wide open.