v. i'm so up for it

ILLUSION, 005.

REAL LIFE

MARYAH WAITED PATIENTLY FOR KAI on the front porch of her house. he texted just five minutes earlier that he was at the gate of her community. a couple moments later, a dark grey honda civic approached her house. kai waved at her from the window. 

"hi ryah!" he greeted her, getting out of the car. maryah waved back and stood up, walking toward the car. kai opened the passenger's side door for her. "this is the kai mobile."

"the kai mobile?" maryah asked, amused. kai shrugged. 

"matt named it."

"that seems like something matt would do." maryah nodded. kai laughed and closed her door before going to the driver's side. 

"we love matt, don't we?" kai asked as he got in the car. he grinned at maryah as he put her seatbelt on. 

"are we actually going for one direction karaoke?" maryah asked him. 

"well..." kai started. "i don't want to feel embarrassed singing one direction at a karaoke bar in front of grown men...so i was thinking we could just do it at my house. if that's okay with you." he added. maryah smiled at him. 

"that sounds perfect. let's go!" 

"do you want anything to eat first?" kai asked her. maryah thought for a moment before nodding her head.

"what do you have in mind?"

"you'll see." he said, staring the car. the two arrived at an indian restaruant a couple minutes later. 

"this is my familiy's restaurant." kai said, getting out of the car and walking to the other side. he opened the door for maryah again.

"thanks." maryah said. "your family owns a restaurant?" she asked, looking at the sign on the front that read "anand's."

"i hope you like indian food. and that you're good with spice." kai said, leading her inside. maryah marvelled at the cultural decor inside the restaurant. pictures of kai's family and their country littered the walls and a bollywood movie played on the tv in the corner.