xi. at least i think it is

ILLUSION, 011. 

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

MARYAH WASN'T SURE HOW SHE felt about samantha and brady spending valentine's day together. she didn't find it appropriate to feel jealous since she's the one who pointed samantha in brady's direction. and also since she has a new boyfriend of her own. 

maryah really liked kai. after their kiss, she felt even more for the boy than she did before. but she found herself thinking about her brother's best friend more often than she would like and she felt terrible about it. 

"hey!" cameron called out to her from the driver's seat. "you okay? i just asked you something."

"hmm?" maryah looked at her brother. they were on their way to meeting brady, connor, and jessica for a grocery run.

"you look like you're about to go insane. what are you thinking about?"

"i don't look like that!" maryah protested. cameron gave her a pointed look for a moment before focusing his eyes back on the road.

"i know you, ryah. what's up?" he asked her. maryah hesitated. there was no way she was about to tell her brother that she has—had the biggest crush on his best friend.

"i really like kai." she told him finally. "i like him a lot more than i thought i would."

"okay..." cameron squinted his eyes, as if trying to figure out the issue.

"but there's someone else." she admitted. she heard cameron let out a breath.

"oh." was all he said as he slowed to a stop at the red light ahead of them. he looked at her again. "go on."

i've liked that other person for a really long time and when i met kai, i thought that i could finally get over my old crush because i never really believed that i could be with him anyway. except now, he's talking to another girl who i actually sent his way and i just... i don't know how to feel."

"and this old crush...he wouldn't happen to be a twin, right? or a certain captain of the hockey team? my best friend?" cameron asked, laughing when maryah's face went from confused to complete shock. 

"how did you..." she tried asking, but cameron shook his head as he kept driving.

"i'm not stupid, ryah. i've seen the way you look at brady since i brought him home for the first time. i've known you've had a crush on him since you first asked what his name was."