𝟎𝟏; 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢

Ashanti L. Hawkins ; Shanti 📍Chicago , Illinoi

 Hawkins ; Shanti 📍Chicago , Illinoi

**********

" Keisha " I called out with a steady tone ,
"Keishaa ! " I called out again but a little louder but still quietly .

I had been trying to wake her up for a lil minute now  , She shot her eyes opened and stared at me

"Keisha Get up and get this boy out of here before mama wakes up ! " I whisper yelled at her

Keisha had snuck some boy in last night , and she had forgotten to send him home and if my mama walked in this room all hell would break loose

"Hm ? " she muttered, I rolled my eyes
"okay mama can come in here in any second " I said starting to walk away .

"Oh shit " she replied jumping up and trying to wake the boy up , I proceeded to walk away back to my room

As I made my way back to my room, I couldn't shake off the annoyance coursing through me. Keisha always seemed to find a way to bring trouble into our home. I could hear her frantic whispers behind me as she tried to rush the boy up from his sleep .

I slipped into my room and closed the door behind me, taking a moment to collect my thoughts , I had also just woken up and I sometimes go into Keisha's room to check on her in the mornings . Living in the cramped apartment with Keisha and our mama was challenging enough without adding unnecessary drama into the mix.

Just as I was about to lay back down on my bed, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. My heart raced as I prayed it wasn't mama coming to investigate the commotion.

The door creaked open, and I held my breath, bracing myself for all the yelling and bullshit . But instead of mama, it was Keisha standing there, with a tired look on her face and chapped lips.

"I got him out," she whispered, with relief  in her voice.

I let out a sigh of relief, grateful that she got up cause usually she wouldn't have . But deep down, I knew it was only a matter of time before Keisha's reckless behavior landed us in real trouble.

As Keisha quietly closed the door behind her, I could feel the tension thick in the air. It was always like this after one of her adventures - a cloud of unease that seemed to settle over our place.

I sat down on the bed, scratching my itchy head as I tried to push away the frustration nagging at me. It wasn't just about the boy in our apartment