𝟎𝟐; 𝐗𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐫

Xavier B. Wallace ;  X 📍Chicago Illinois

 Wallace ;  X 📍Chicago Illinois

**********

It was quiet , the sound of the air conditioning blowing was the only thing I could hear,

it was still late in the evening and everyone in the house was still sleeping besides me .

I looked over to see my two five year old sisters who are twins Camila , and Camille sleeping peacefully on our shared mattress .

Yes I shared a room with my two siblings it wasn't that bad it could've been worse

I got up from my seat at the small desk filled with papers and notebooks from me writing my poems
I walked Out of my room into the kitchen

Looking into the icebox seeing there was nothing but cheese and baloney , I sighed and grabbed the loaf of bread out the pantry ,

I was sick of eating this shit .

Could've at least had mayonnaise

I proceeded to make me a sandwich then put the things back where they belonged.

I then picked up my sandwich and took a bite

" who said you could have that nigga , you don't pay for shit in here , I do . "

I heard from the living room ,
I glanced over at my stepdad, Levi, loungin' on the couch with a beer in hand , he obviously just woke up and wanted to bother me . He always had some smart-ass comment ready, like he was waiting for me to slip up.

"Whatever, man," I muttered under my breath, not in the mood to argue. I took another bite of my sandwich, tryin' to ignore the tension in the room.

Levi just chuckled, takin' another swig of his beer. "You think you're something , huh? Writing your little poems and shit , Ain't gonna get you nowhere, boy."

I clenched my jaw, feeling the anger bubbling up inside me. Why did he always have to tear me down like that? Like he was tryna crush any hope I had of making it outta here.

I forced myself to stay calm, taking a deep breath before responding. "Just tryna make something of myself, unlike you."

Levi's eyes narrowed, and I braced myself for whatever insult he was gonna throw my way ,

" You ain't special nigga , you living with me "
he laughed as I held onto my sandwich
" you ain't gone be shit just like yo bum ass daddy "