{3}

As soon as I arrived to the college, I could see a big poster that says;

"Warmly Welcome to all freshmen of class of 2022"

I looked around the campus to see many students, some taking selfies, some talking with their friends I guess, some parking their cars or motorcycles.

Cool kids!

I was in the middle of gawking over the beautiful cars and motorcycles when someone suddenly bumped into me.

"OMG, I'm sorry"

"It's ok"

I turned around and saw that it is the girl from the grocery store.

"Oh. You", she said like she recognized me.

"Hi", I raised a hand as a greeting.

"You new here"

"Yeah. You?"

"Same. It's great to see you again. We don't really know each other but it is great to see a familiar face, isn't it?", she smiled widely at me.

"Yeah, you are right"

"I'm Anna, Anna Jones. Liberal Arts Major"

"I'm Ashley, Ashley Johnson. Literature Major"

"Ashley. Nice name"

She came and linked my arm.

"Come. I heard that there are so many snacks for us in the hall. We need to go and eat before all runs out"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm and we walked together in the hall. The hall was filled with the freshmen of all majors and as Anna had said before, the snacks were almost empty when we arrived. We took some of them and take a seat. You can guess that whose plate has more snacks than mine. She took almost all marshmallow and cookies while I only took a few cookies and a bottle of water.

"Thanks for tagging along with me"

"You're welcome. Honestly, I am glad that you bumped into me. If not, I would be so awkwardly sitting here alone"

"Me too. Luckily, for you, I will introduce you to my best pal. I think he is on the way", she looked around the hall and when she spotted who she was looking for, she happily waved to that person.

I turned around to see who and saw a boy running towards us.

"Why are you late?", she lightly slapped his left arm.

"Sorry, woke up late", he dropped his bag on the floor and made 'a surrender pose' before he turned to look at me.

"Mark, meet Ashley. Ashley, Mark", Anna introduced me as he was looking at me with confused face.

"Hi, I am almost like her big brother, Mark. Nice to meet you", he smiled at me. Although this is my first time meeting him, I could see that he might be popular with girls because some girls near us was gawking over him.

"Nice to meet you too, Mark", I returned the smile.

Then he carried his bag and turned to Anna.

"Anna, I'll get going now. The class is in 10 minutes"

"ok ok. Bye"

"Bye. See you later. You too, Ashley", I waved back to him but I was confused why he ran out too fast like a 'flash'.

"He's one year older than us", I thought she could see that I am confused with his running.

"Oh, I thought we are same age. That's why I was thinking where he went"