chapter 40: not today nat

Natasha's pov:

I wake up to a bright light being shone directly into my eyes. I hear my alarm buzzing and I lazily slam it silent. I squint as I get up. I gently rub my eyes to wake myself up and stretch while still in bed. I let out a loud yawn as I unwillingly step outside of my bed. I slide my feet into my slippers and walk towards the bathroom.

It was a long night.

I vividly remember waking up in the middle of the night to a weird thud but I quickly dismissed it and fell asleep again. I only remember smelling a faint hint of rosemary and wood but that's it. I feel a bit groggy in the mornings so I splash water onto my face to wake me up. The icy water rejuvenates my attention and skin. I remember to apply my sunscreen and finish my morning skincare routine.

It makes me feel better when I have it done.

I waltz into my wardrobe and find my ironed uniform. Woah, I haven't been to school since Tuesday. It's been a rough week. I hurriedly change into my uniform and chuck on my black loafers. I search around my room until I finally find my phone. I check the time which states: 7:30.

Aye! Right on schedule.

I grab my school bag from the floor and then I suddenly remember that I have P.E as my last class today. I scurry back to my wardrobe and find a cute pair of gym wear. I tuck a pink shirt into my gym bag along with a pair of white Lululemon shorts.

I zip up my bag and make my way downstairs

I zip up my bag and make my way downstairs. I remember that Chase is meant to drop us to school today. I walk towards the garage. I dump my bags in Chase's car and go back to the breakfast bar. I spot Adrien looking through the pantry whilst Leo and Chase stand around the counter.

"Morning!" I greet in a cheery tone.

"Morning irmã bonita." Chase is the first to greet me. He kisses my forehead and I flash a smile at his kind gesture. "G'morning sunshine." Adrien says out loud. "Morning Adri." I reply back to him whilst sitting on a stool. I sit on the middle seat so Xavier and Xander can sit beside me.

That's step 1 to making my brothers like me more.

"How did you sleep Gorgeous?" Leo then asks me whilst helping Adrien with the breakfast. "It was good, nothing out of the ordinary." I shrug my shoulders. I don't quite remember what happened last night. "Where's Vincent? He's usually early to breakfast." I ask my biological brothers.

"He's probably coming down soon." Adrien reassures.

I hear someone walking down the stairs and talking on the phone at the same time. Once they're close enough I hear their voice. I can recognise that voice anywhere. Vincent Morales walks in the room in a full tuxedo. "Speaking of the devil." I overhear Chase mumble.

I grin at his expression and he smirks back.

Vincent is speaking in french to the person on the phone. Luckily for me, I'm fluent. "Merde. Je vais demander à Adrien et Léo de me rejoindre. A bientôt, Bastien. (Shit. I'm going to ask Adrien and Léo to join me. See you soon, Bastien.)" Vincent speaks in a frustrated tone.