Chapter 135 The Power of the Lotus

The library, although rich in books, was not an ideal place for conversation, especially not the kind Auric Forest sought with Raina Grace, filled with poetic beauty and profound emotion. Therefore, he invited her to the Gold Realm under the pretense of sharing a new discovery, wanting to discuss it with her.

The Gold Realm served as Auric Forest's office and a place for official business, so it did not arouse Raina's suspicion or resistance. This was where Auric Forest's cleverness lay.

"Try my special 'Golden Dragon Brocade'. Based on the formula developed in the Silver Realm, I've added the scent of lotus, which suits you perfectly," Auric Forest warmly offered, presenting a tea he seldom shared, reserved for moments of reminiscing about Rainy Cherry, as it was her favorite flavor.

Raina, not usually a tea drinker, became interested upon hearing it was scented with lotus. She followed Flame Wave's example, first savoring the aroma before carefully tasting it, allowing the warm liquid to touch every part of her tongue, discerning the subtle differences.

"Do you like the flavor?" Auric Forest asked, full of hope.

Raina, who loved all scents related to nature, was particularly moved by the lotus, stirring memories from her childhood. She closed her eyes, as if she could hear the breeze rustling through lotus leaves and smell the fragrance diffusing through the air.

After a careful tasting, though not an expert in tea, Raina used her sensitivity to elemental magnetic power to comment, "The lotus fragrance is clear and lasting, the combination of wood and metal deepens the flavor, making it relentless and compelling."

This tea was indeed unique, evoking the essence of the lotus and transporting one to the edge of a lotus pond. Unfortunately, its strong flavor also felt rushed and overly spicy. Raina slightly frowned, as if searching for the secret behind the taste. Her acute sense of taste could detect subtle changes, but she chose not to share her deeper thoughts with Auric Forest.

Auric Forest was pleasantly surprised by Raina's critique, aligning closely with his own. He silently admired her focus and attention to detail, fantasizing for the first time about finding a partner with similar experiences in the mysterious Celestial Domain—a rare connection.

"Your perception is truly remarkable," Auric Forest expressed, wishing to show his own sensitivity, "Your description is not only accurate but also captures the subtle changes and emotions."

"Emotions?" Raina was surprised, not realizing she was describing emotions, "This tea contains no emotions, only a strong force of control."

Auric Forest paused, reflecting on whether his longing for Raina Cherry was not about emotion but control, or perhaps regret over past things he couldn't control.

This was a new perspective for him, and he found the conversation increasingly interesting. "Whether it's about emotions or power, both seek to have an impact and return something. It's the same goal from different paths."

Raina, hearing someone equate emotions with power for the first time, chose not to comment, feeling she didn't understand either well enough.

Seeing Raina's silence, perhaps mistaking it for shyness about emotions, Auric Forest continued, "Everyone seeks their own significance, whether through the warmth of emotions or the control of power, ultimately to leave their unique mark in the world. I believe there's no clear boundary between emotions and power. Sometimes, emotions themselves are a form of power, and power can foster profound emotions."

For Raina, both emotions and power were complex concepts. She didn't believe in a fixed pattern to achieve what one desires, noting that pursuing them could lead to losing oneself and forgetting one's original intentions.

Wishing to move on, she asked, "So, Auric Forest, what's this new discovery about the Gold and Silver Sea?"

Auric Forest, initially enjoying the mood, felt a bit displeased by the sudden shift but didn't show it—knowing Raina might not notice anyway due to her straightforwardness.

"I know others are investigating the origin of the Gold and Silver Sea. I sought them out, asking for their insights, and after persistent requests and promising to do three things for them, they reluctantly agreed," Auric Forest shared without lying, referring to his negotiation with Silver Tan based on completing three tasks for them.

"So, did they reveal the origin of the Gold and Silver Sea?" Raina asked, puzzled by Auric Forest's hesitant speech.

Auric Forest intended to highlight his efforts and hoped for Raina's gratitude by showing he had gone to great lengths. However, Raina's direct approach left him without a chance to elaborate further.

"Not so fast," he replied, not wanting to give away the information directly, especially since he only had guesses and not concrete answers. In his exchange with Silver Tan, he noticed their urgency and determination to obtain the Azure Phoenix. If he could secure the Azure Phoenix, it would give him a significant bargaining chip with Silver Tan. "I've shared your goal with them, but they wish to know for whom you intend to remove the abyssal power. They also wish to meet this person."

Raina's arrival in the Celestial Domain on the Azure Phoenix was widely known, despite Flame Wave's efforts to keep it under wraps. Thus, almost everyone was aware of her relationship with the Azure Phoenix. Raina openly admitted, "It's the Azure Phoenix. It has been tainted with abyssal power."

The Azure Phoenix fascinated many, who desired a glimpse of the divine bird, but its residence in the Azure and White Forest deterred most curiosity-seekers. Few could freely enter the forest, and the Azure Phoenix had ways to avoid them, so Raina wasn't worried about her honesty causing any disturbance.

"Oh, the divine Azure Phoenix," Auric Forest responded, carefully managing his expression to show neither too much surprise nor ignorance, needing only Raina's confirmation. "Is it willing to meet outsiders?"

He half-jokingly added, "The Azure Phoenix's fame precedes it, but since Miss Raina arrived with it in the Celestial Domain, it seems no one has seen it. Is it because of the Azure Phoenix's pride, or does Miss Raina prefer not to display her treasure?"

"There's no need," Raina replied, puzzled, "The Azure Phoenix isn't here for show."

Auric Forest was momentarily speechless, then nodded in agreement. He inquired further, "But now, for the sake of the Gold and Silver Sea, could it deign to meet someone?"

"Why?" Raina asked, "They merely have information about the Gold and Silver Sea. Does that make it theirs? Does everyone seeking the Gold and Silver Sea need their approval?"

"Not... exactly," Auric Forest struggled to maintain his smile, "It's because... they wish to meet the Azure Phoenix out of a sense of responsibility, not just anyone seeking to enter the Gold and Silver Sea." He quickly thought of an excuse, almost misspeaking.

"Responsibility?" Raina still didn't understand, believing one should be responsible for oneself, with others only needing to provide accurate information. However, she didn't wish to argue further, "Then I can only ask the Azure Phoenix. It's for it to decide."

"Good, good," Auric Forest dared not make further requests, fearing complications.

He didn't want complications, but outside the door, Jadelle, who had been listening, found Raina's precise and guarded speech challenging to penetrate. Frowning, she contemplated a new strategy.

Raina had already noticed someone outside but didn't mind since the conversation wasn't secretive, and as the host, Auric Forest showed no concern. Thus, she didn't dwell on it.