Chapter 4

Chapter 4. The History of Elements

Xyra's POV

"Zeus and the other gods decided to hand the elements to a peculiar," sambit ni Sir Lander. We are currently having our history discussion. Susunod mamaya na subject namin or lesson ay water cast. Dito kami natuto kung paano i control at i manage ang mga kapangyarihan namin.

"And one peculiar passed the test. Of course, gods are wise, hindi sila basta mag aapoint ng mga elementalist lalo na at apat na kapangyarihan ang tataglayin o hahawakan nito. They make a test, the last "Olympian Battle of the Elements". Dito ipinakita ng mga peculiars at mortal ang kanilang kakayahan but a woman caught our gods' attention. It was Lyra, the former Elementalist. They gave her the four elements, and they thought Lyra would do well in taking care of them." Tumikhim si Sir at itinuloy ang pagkwent. "However, Lyra was the same as other who are greedy of power. Gumawa siya ng dahilan upang ipagkatiwala sa kanya ng mga diyos ang mga elemento, I mean, yeah, nakapasa nga siya sa test pero back then, the Olympus was attacked by Chronus, the Titan of Time. Kaya mukhang sinamantala ito ni Lyra upang magpakitang gilas, unbeknownst that Titan Chronus and Lyra we're lovers and they planned everything. Namuo ang pagiging ganid ni Lyra sa kapangyarihan at sinubukang nakawin ang apat na elemento, but she failed, then after the gods' knowing what Lyra did, Helga, one of the warriors of Aether, the personification of Aether, they handed to her the four elements because she is the only peculiar who are capable on doing her job. Many years passed, Lyra didn't come back anymore and the four elements stayed on Helga. But one day, a woman killed Helga, and they believe it was Lyra, and as the woman tried to steal the four elements, she failed. Helga died, and you know what is the worse? Aether, itself sacrifice to give his soul to Helga and the other one, as the Aether element we are having now. That's how the Aether was made. But if you're wondering why the Aether can influence or can cast some of the four elements' ability is that, Zeus, the creator of elements, uses the four elements in extracting the soul of Aether to an element. So that's it! Any question?" Sir Lander concluded.

Napataas naman ako ng kamay at nagtanong. "What happened to Helga and Aether then?" I ask.

"Helga survived but she can't remember anything. They consult Mnemosyne, the Titan of Memories to restore her memories but unfortunately Mnemosyne couldn't for an unknown reason. And as for Aether, he became a mortal. And like Helga, he didn't remember anything." Sir Lander answered.

Kaya pala, so because of Helga and Aether, the element Aether was born. But I have a lot of question on how this element is being so powerful enough to have special abilities.

"Ahh..sir, can I ask more?" Puno ng kuryosidad kong saad.

"Go on, Xyra."

"What are the symptoms of having an Aether power po? And what happened to Titan Chronus and Lyra?" I again ask. Napatingin naman ang mga kaklase ko sa akin. Siguro nagtataka dahil sa dami ng tanong ko. Well, I am curious and part of thinking critically ang pagtatanong.

"No one knows about what happened to Chronus and Lyra, but what I am saying is that there is a possibility that these two would come back at pabagsakin tayo. Pero thank goodness the five elements are still standing at the Divine Castle. And to answer about your question regarding on what an Aether user can feel or do, first, sixth senses, Aether user known to have a sense where they can see someone that a normal elementalist cannot. Another is their influence, if the an individual uses a power to charge someone, that she or he is an Aether user. Why are you asking about this Xyra?" Sir Lander eyes met mine. It looks like he wants to read what's on my mind.

"Okay, that's all for today. We are going to have an oral recitation next meeting since you're be exposed with your trainings. Beta Class, I hope one of you can join the 'Hunting of the Vessels'. Okay, see you! And goodluck to your next subject."