2

*I got this question a few times. Taraji is 19 going on 20 and Fantasia is 24*

Taraji POV

I feel a hand gently shaking my shoulder. I flutter open my eyes to see Marissa standing there. "It's time for breakfast and get ready for you fitting."

"Well good morning to you too Rissa." I say with a little chuckle.

"Good morning, Taraji. I'm sorry for getting straight to business, your mom is in a mood this morning. She is very stressed. The seamstress contacted her letting her know that your fitting had to be earlier in the morning because of scheduling issues on their part. Your mom is pissed."

"That sounds like my mom. One thing goes awry and her whole day is ruined. Especially when it comes to me." I say as I start to sit up and notice the morning light hit the room just perfectly. The sun always rises so early here but doesn't set until super late. "What time is it?"

"It is 5:30. Your fitting is at 7. Then culinary lesson at 10, then lunch at 12:30." Marissa says bringing my breakfast to me. Once she places it on my lap, I can instantly smell everything individually. The honey ham slice, the omelet with bacon, green onions, and cheese, and 2 slices of toast with butter on the side to spread, and a glass of orange juice. Taking a bite, I moan just a little at the flavor.

"Oh, Chef Daniel made this with love this morning. I hope it will extend to lunch too. I want Fantasia to get the whole experience while she is here."

"I'm sure he will. He is in a very good mood this morning. He's excited to cook for new people. Now finish up so we can get you dressed and ready."

"Yes ma'am." I say as I take my next bite.

After finishing my food, I get up to get dressed for the day. Marissa chose navy blue slacks and a shamrock green button up with diamond embellishments on the collar, and nude stilettos.

"Are you excited for the concert tonight, Marissa?" I ask as she is doing my hair for the day.

"I have been waiting to see Fantasia since her first album. This is like a dream come true for me."

"I am so jealous; my parents would never let me go. Make sure to get videos. And tell me all about it tomorrow morning." I say with an excited giddiness in my voice.

"I definitely will. I know how much you love her." She says as she nudges my shoulder making me blush a little.

Once we are ready, we leave the room hand in hand at 6:30 and make our way to the front of the castle. "Hello my beautiful daughter." My mother says while giving me a hug and giving Marissa a nod to dismiss her. Squeezing her hand and giving her smile, she then goes back up the steps to go back to her work for the day.

"I don't understand how you guys are so close. She is supposed to be there to help you get ready and that is it."

"We get each other. Plus, we get a lot of time to talk while getting ready, so we have created a bond."

"It's strange, but I'm not here to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with, I guess. Now get in the car, we must go get your dress for the Gala. It's your 20th birthday. It needs to be perfect. You are supposed to find your prince there" She opens the car door for me to get in. I roll my eyes and get in the car.

Fantasia POV

I feel a sudden jerk as I am in the bathroom. "What the hell was that?!" I yell out as I finish washing my hands and opening the door to Kendall standing there.