In the air.

Theo's text message nearly knocked me clean into a state of panic.

He asked his PARENTS.

I never stopped for a moment to think what clearing his memories of how close we were, how that would alter everything else.

By parents, he means father and step mother number three.

Theos real mother died when he was eight. I never had the privilege of meeting the woman who was responsible for creating him. But I knew her; through his memories of her that he never shut up about. Sometimes; when my life got really dark, I prayed to her.

And sometimes, I thought she answered.

I rather liked step mother number two, but she only lasted our first and half of second year here. She spoke "too much" his father said.

As for number three, she's quite. Her eyes speak for her.

His father, I don't particularly care for. I know what he does. What he's responsible for. What he's done to Theo.

Nonetheless.

Theo🤌🏼
8:54 a.m

Me
Wow
Theo
You did not have to ask them
It's too much to ask
I can't

Theo🤌🏼
Nonsense
Look I know we aren't the closest but I can't let you go back to that place
I won't
And I can't let Matt stress himself the entire summer
I would be a horrible friend to him if I turned an eye
To the both of you

Me
Theo
I don't know what to say

Theo🤌🏼
You're welcome, yn.
I look forward to spending the summer with you☺️

Me
Yeah
Me too Theo

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Okay, so I have to spend the summer with a family I'm very well acquainted with, and I have to pretend I'm not.

I have to spend the summer with my best friend, which would in other circumstances be amazing, expect he doesn't fucking remember how close we are.

Because he fell in love with me.

This is going to be one hell of a summer.

I could feel it.

Before I knew it, Mattheo was back with my muffin and coffee. A life saver really, my head was pounding so hard I thought it might fall off.

I gave him a sly smile as I reached for my coffee.

"I hope you're not mad at me." He muttered as he laid across my bed.

"No." I huffed out, "I told you I didn't want to be a burden on anyone. You didn't have to talk to Theo behind my back."

"But you're not a burden, his family and him adore you. Plus I'll sleep better at night knowing you're with them." He said, reaching over to steal a piece of my muffin.

"I'd sleep better in the manor." I rolled my eyes, trying to poke fun.

"Yeah, I'd sleep better if you were there too, pretty girl." He let out a dry laugh, "but I'll visit Theos. At least this way you'll actually see me."

"Yeah." Was all I could get out.

"Have you noticed how funny he's been acting?" He said, looking over at me.