one

Year 11 was going to be my year. Amerie, Harper, and I were going to rule the school. We've been friends since we were five. Nobody could come between us. We've always been each other's ride or dies.

We even made what we call the Incest Map. It was about who hooked up with who in our year and what they did. Nobody knew about it. It was just Amerie, Harper, and I. We were super into romance because we didn't have any in our own lives. We liked to watch people. I guess that's how the Incest Map came about.

I just don't get it. We were going to own this year. Together. Then, one minute we were at the festival, the next minute, Harper blew it all up!

Today is the first day of school. Missy volunteered to drive all of us this morning. I'm waiting for her out front when I spot Anthony Vaughan two houses down. He walks his bicycle down the sidewalk towards me.

"Morning Sage," Ant greets.

I smile. "Morning, sunshine."

"Waiting for your ride," Ant states. I nod my head. "Too bad. I would have let you ride on my handlebars."

I laugh as I shake my head. "I'd like to make it school in one piece."

"I haven't fallen off my bike in over a month," Ant tells me.

"Impressive," I tell him.

Ant smiles. "Did Law leave already?"

I nod my head. "Said something about stopping round Dusty's for a shirt he left or something. I don't know. Or maybe it was a controller."

I spot Missy's car pulling up.

"I'll see you at school," I tell him.

Ant smiles. "Bye Sage."

"Hi!" I shout as Missy pulls up with Sasha in the passenger's seat.

"Hello," Sasha tells me.

"Where's Harper?" I ask as I slide into the back seat.

"Wasn't outside her house," Sasha tells me.

"That's weird," I state.

I haven't seen Harper since the festival last week. I'm starting to worry. Missy and Sasha don't seem to worried.

We pull up in front of Amerie's house.

"Hey!" Amerie shouts as she walks towards the car.

"Hello!" Sasha greets.

"You guys look cute as," Amerie tells us.

"Thank you," Sasha says.

"Where's Harper?" Amerie says as she sits beside me.

"No idea. bitch wasn't outside her house," Sasha explains. "Didn't answer her phone."

"Weird. I haven't heard from her since the festival last week," Amerie states.

We drive through Sydney on the way to school. We come to stop at a light. Next to us is a car full of boys from the local private school.

"Nice car, Centrelink," one remarks.

His friends laugh. Amerie throws her boba at him.

"What the fuck!" the guy shouts.

"Rapіst!" Amerie yells as we pull away.

Missy parks the car close to the entrance of the school. I sigh as I get out.

"I forgot how much I hated it here," Sasha says.

"Honey, we're home," Amerie remarks.

"Yeah, but still no Harps," Missy says.

Amerie is staring at Dusty Reid. Like always.