Chapter Two || Submission & Challenge Guidelines

Please read the following guidelines to ensure your story meets the eligibility standards. Only those who adhere to our guidelines and correctly submit their stories will be accepted.

Please keep the Wattpad Code of Conduct in mind during participation. All stories must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines. Any stories entered that appear to breach Wattypad's Content Guidelines will not be accepted and reported.

Feel free to visit the Safety Portal anytime to learn more about how to stay safe on Wattpad.

The challenge will run monthly

The challenge will run monthly. The writing window will start on the first day of every month and end on the last day. This means you will have 30 or 31 days to write (except for February, where you will have 28 days).

We will only count the words in the chapters posted within the current writing window. For example, if you participate in the June 30DC, then only chapters posted on or after 1 June and on or before 30 June will be considered. Any chapters posted in May or July will not count.

The writing window will close on the last day of the month at midnight EST (Summer: -4 GMT) (Winter: -5 GMT). The next month's writing window opens immediately after the previous 30DC month ended. 

Story Language

Story Language

English and Non-Native English speakers are welcome as long as the story is written in English. If you use a few phrases or words in a language other than English to lend authenticity to the story, it's acceptable as long as an English speaker can understand it in the context of the story.

General Story Guidelines

Please ensure you own and control all the rights to the story you submit to this challenge.

We accept new or ongoing stories, not complete stories. Complete stories are welcomed in the Amby Awards on @TheAmbys profile (coming in August).

We don't mind how many chapters your ongoing story already has. You can either start with a brand new story or an ongoing story that has existing chapters.