Chapter 8 Code Red

It's like Bree's staring at herself, this girl has the same caramel colored locks falling to her waist and burning hazel eyes. Even the same nose, cheek and jaw structure is all the same. The only difference is the style of clothing she's wearing. No jeans or sneakers, rather in a long dress that looks like it's made from simple cloth or rags and pinned together with pins and needles.

Genevieve's afraid, the big doe like eyes and lip biting give it away. She seems to be a wood cabin of some sort, no rugs or furniture, just an empty room surrounded by plain brown wooden walls. There's fire circling around her body where she's sitting on her knees on the ground.

Her eyes shut and she brings her palms up facing them outward. The fire stops moving and slowly makes its way towards her palms, which then disappears. Once all the fire has vanished she lets out a big breath and opens her eyes once again.

It's a stormy night outside, as she can hear the wind howling and rain drops hammering on the rooftop. Suddenly a man walks in drenched from head to toe. And now it's like she's staring at Chase; the same emerald eyes, muscular body, and dark brown hair lazily flopping on the top of his head. He must be Ethan.

"He's coming," his voice is also filled with fear. He shuts the door behind him and takes a kneeling position next to Genevieve. He takes both her hands in his and holds them near his chest. "We both have to do this."

"I'm scared," Genevieve's voice is shaking and lips quivering, it's not long before tears start rolling down her face.

"I know I am too," and then he engulfs her body into a bear hug. He holds her like that for multiple minutes just in silence allowing her to weep in his chest.

Once Bree's alarm rings, she shoots up into a sitting position with her top literally glued to her with sweat. It was just a dream. A very real dream that very well could've been real in the past.

The continuous beeping of her alarm makes her push the thoughts into the back of her mind and hop out of bed. When her feet hit the ground she realizes her whole body is sore, and not the type of sore that she typically may feel from a workout. Her joints ache, especially her back and the worst is in her neck. Even open and closing her fingers feel stiff.

She even pushes that beneath her and just chugs her full water bottle before hopping into the shower. Yesterday was intense and she replays the image of her up in the sky. Not once in her entire life did she think she'd ever do something like that. The hot water from the shower didn't do her body any good, every single muscle in her body aches. Today's going to be a bitch.

She matches her outfit to her mood; flared black cotton yoga pants with a simple pastel pink long sleeve cotton top. She does absolutely nothing to her hair and just does some skin care and conceals the bags underneath her eyes. When she scurries out her door to get some food before class, she's greeted by Chase, Izabel and Ethan - all who look perfectly put together

"There you are," Izabel yawns graciously before stretching her arms up and giving her a small hug. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit honestly," and her voice is a bit raspy that she hasn't noticed until now. She makes eye contact with the two boys towering over them.

"At least today will be easy," Ethan tries to comfort her. "After travel days they just lecture us on how we did and shit."

Bree swallows down a lump in her throat as she struggles to get the image of the black monster out of her head.

"Let's get food," Chase changes the subject and starts to lead to the group down the hallway. He fidgets with his fingers as he walks, as his mind is racing with thoughts as well. Once they get into the elevator he speaks again, "I'm kinda pissed at Francine," and looks straight towards Bree.