Family

Part 2

"Gather around, come get dinner!" A booming voice resonates across the hall, as a grand feast is spread upon a large table, the glass top displaying delicacies of all kinds. Aunty is the foremost to arrive, followed closely by Uncle Bruce, holding a red rectangular metal box in his hand - for a woodcutter doth require his tools. He's happily wedded to the quite quaint dame, Aunty Grace, a lady of noble beauty. Five cherubic younglings, all ranging from the tender age of three to ten and full of youthful vigor - hastening towards the feast with fervent speed and paper airplanes in hand, waving them about with great excitement as they collide with one another in flight, their laughter ringing through the room.

"John, no playing around the dinner table, how many times must I say this?" The lady utters with a puff of frustration, placing his airplane beneath the table. "Why do you do this to me when your father isn't around?"

Her companion could not attend this nonce event, for it was customary. The humor of John turns bitter as a sour lemon, causing him to no longer attempt to converse with the other younglings, who hastily stow their airplanes out of sight from his mother. Painting his mother as a villain, this thus worsens his humor further. She lets her eyes roll to the back of her head.

"Here boy" Uncle Bruce reaches into his pocket and produces a small box, withdrawing from it a wooden airplane with an aged patina. " Just don't tell Sabatha okay?" He winks at the boy, who happily nods in agreement, placing his index finger upon his lips and performing a little dance upon his shoulders, his eyes squinting as if to keep this moment a secret.

"Oh, Xander don't just stand there. Come" Mine own only aunt says to me as the lady pats the table beside h'r with a bright red grin on h'r visage. The lady's Aunty Pat.

Walking down from the dram stairs separating the inside of the house from the dining table. T's me. Ev'ryone turns backeth at me and smiles. Coequal Aunt Grace smiles at me as the lady hast taken a seat beside h'r  wood-cutting husband. From what mine ears hath heard, Uncle Bruce had to taketh leave from his studies to attend to mine own mother, who was great with a child carrying me when my father, mired in an affair with another nobleman, could not attend to her. Verily, my father wast gay, and he knew not how to confess his state to his jointress, a union that lasted for seven long years. My mother, however, being a shrewd mistress, did come to know of his secret affections later on, and did secure from him half his property, tooketh full custody of us, and did remove henceforth.

My mother wast left so heartbroken by his betrayal that she almost did fall into a deep slumber whilst carrying me. 'Twas a miracle that I was born. Yet Aunt Grace doth not regard me as one. I eye her.

"My boy here is studying for QWUG, he's very busy so he forgets the time," she exhales, yet still put meat to my trencher and yanks out my chair. She beams but 'tis a false mien. Meseems mine own mother is fearful - dreading that I should turn out like my father; not solely belying his wedded state with men, but also ensconcing himself in adultery. Howsoe'er, that point she doth not share with my Aunt Pat. Forsooth, my Auntie's homosexuality is known to all, yet we meddle not with Her amorous affairs. My mother neither cozets nor opposeth Her, but endures in silence - desiring but peace.

Aunt Sabatha, wife of mine own uncle, fixeth stern eyes upon me. Jealous she may be. Devoutly so, she must be. For 'tis in recentness that I resolved to enroll at the utmost university - after seasons of sloth and inaction.

Lo, Olivia descendeth now, frolicking with a sachet of Flaming hot chips dipped in peanut butter. Peanuts, to her, hold an endless charm. In goups, chunks, within pyes, icings, straight from the jar. Verily, her offspring shall cherish peanut butter more than mine own ardor toward studies. Olivia beareth child, and soon shall deliver. She acknowledgeth me not, however, as she sitteth by Richard, her lord and husband. And yet unsurpisingly, he's a neurologist.