002

1x08
"BAD BLOOD."

Lets just say that adjusting to leading a institute of people that stared at you all the time was...well, it's something. Elysia was sat on the chair in the office, her back to the door, her finger nail tapping against the side of the chair. It was clear that people were unhappy with the new leadership around here but she hasn't even done anything yet. She understood, despite the claves feelings, the Lightwoods were well respected here.

A knock sounded at the door and Alec's head popped in before he walked in completely. "You wanted to see me?"

Elysia hummed and turned around to face him. She stood up from the chair and walked towards him. "I heard that Clary Fray was in this institute and yet, i haven't seen her. Where is she?"

Alec was confused why she was asking him about Clary, possibly because she was Valentine's daughter? He wasn't sure. "She's with Jace."

Elysia nodded and walked back to lean against the desk. "Jace wayland?" Alec nodded and rested his arms behind his back. "Be honest with me Alec, you don't like that i'm here, do you?"

Alec shrugged his shoulders and Elysia knew that honesty was not about to come out of his mouth, "This is what the clave thought was best."

"And you absolutely hate it." Elysia laughed as she crossed her arms. "It's okay to be honest, i'm not gonna report everything back to the clave. My job isn't to be a little spy, i'm just here to get the institute back in order."

"What makes you think it wasn't in order?" Alec got defensive at her statement but how could he not? It was his family that was in charge of the institute.

"Well, maybe it was Madam inquisitor showing up at my institute in Toronto telling me that the clave wanted me to come here and get the institute back in line." Elysia also got defensive. They all acted like she was the bad guy already. Alec's eyes flashed with brief surprise before they went back to their usual stern G.I Joe look. "Look, Alec, i get it. Your family was in charge here and i understand that this is difficult to process but i'm just here to help."

"Right." Alec mumbled with a fake chuckle slipping from his lips making Elysia bite the inside of her cheek.

"Let me ask you something. If you were head of the institute somewhere and the clave asked you to help another institute, would you accept it or decline?" Elysia was genuinely curious what his answer would be.

Alec parted his lips at her question, he was not expecting her to ask him anything of the sort, he closed his mouth after a moment. He was slowly understanding her point of view because if it was him, he would've done the same thing.

"I'm sorry that you don't like me being here, Alec, but this is how things are now. That's all, you're free to go." Elysia turned away from him and sat back down on the chair, looking down at the paperwork on the desk. Alec was gonna say more but he decided against it and left the office. Elysia lifted her head and watched him leave after he turned around and sighed.

 Elysia lifted her head and watched him leave after he turned around and sighed