Chapter 1

-----» ★ «-----

"Young Miss, we have arrived," he stated calmly and firmly.

With a quick movement of his hand, the bodyguard exits the magnificent, modern car and opens the rear passenger door for his employer.

She steps out of the car gracefully and deliberately, giving a quick glance at her surroundings before turning to face her guard and speaking in a harsh and strict tone. "Let's go," she says, her demeanor serene and serious.

The bodyguard nods and follows after his employer, keeping a tight eye on the surroundings while remaining silent and alert.

She stepped on the velvet carpet with a domineering and graceful presence. Her long hair was a vivid shade of red at the top, with black streaks gradually creeping in towards the ends. Her dress complimented her unapproachable demeanor. She then entered the mansion.

The walls of the massive dining hall are covered in lush, velvet wallpaper, with exquisite gold-trimmed motifs around the edges. A large table covers the center of the room, adorned with a thick white tablecloth and opulent place settings. The aroma of exquisite meals permeates the air.

My so-called family members were already seated when I arrived. I greeted my indifferent and apathetic father as usual, and he said nothing.

I took a seat next to my father, and it was an unpleasant sight to see the old hag on the other side.

"What's the meaning of this, Ling?" she asks, clearly annoyed.

I chuckled. My stepmother seemed to be angry.

"What are you talking about, Julia?" I asked innocently.

I observed her grimace in even more annoyance at my response. She looks like she wants to be an elder, often known as aunty~

She frowns and replies, "Don't act naive. Why are you wearing an inauspicious outfit to a family dinner?"

"Don't bother with her if she wants to look like a clown at such an important dinner, mother," said my snobbish stepsister.

Hoho, another gold digger spoke. I chuckle.

"How could the color of my dress be inauspicious? It is the same as the color of my hair which I inherited from my mother and father."

They went silent.

You don't have the traits of the Adler and will never have. First slap!

"It is also important...to me. This color signifies the blood of the Adler and the founder of the company and will always be the leader of this company."

You will always be outsiders and not a part of my family. Second slap!

"And as the only heir of the Adler Corporation, therefore, I offer this toast to celebrate my coming of age and inheriting the company from my father."

You can't get even a penny when I take over this company, you gold diggers. Final slap! K.O!

It's always fun playing in my mind~

They both became extremely enraged after hearing my statements. It's amusing to watch.

"That is enough," my father remarked in a firm tone.