Complexities of life

" चंद ख्वाइशें ही तो समेट रखी थी मुट्ठी में उसने,
किसे पता था एक हवा का झोका सब उड़ा ले जाएगा "
~ अरिका

Life never stays the same; uncertainty is a part of life. Life changes, life plays, life takes a lot, life gives a lot, but in the end, it's only about the courage and patience of the one living it.

One moment can turn everything around for someone. It's like a big wave crashing into a calm sea, changing everything in its path.

But even when things seem tough, there's always a chance for something good to come out of it. Like after a storm, there's a rainbow.

At the end of the day, it's not about what happens to someone, but how they deal with it. Life may throw curveballs, but it's how people swing back that really counts.

So let's start a brand new beginning, and here the story of Arika and Shaurya unfolds for you..

Happy Reading Guys 🌷

Author's POV

Noida Junction was very crowded. Platforms were crowded too. Ticket checkers were asking for tickets, and vendors were selling their food. There was chaos everywhere. Amidst all this, a girl sat quietly with her parents. She could hear the tension between them, even though they were speaking softly. Her father seemed to be in pain, holding his left hand. She knew he was hiding something from her, but like in many Indian households, she didn't have the courage to ask him about it.

As she sat there, she observed life bustling around her. She saw a coolie carrying an immense burden on his shoulders. His body showed the strain of the work, but there was another kind of pressure weighing him down - the pressure that could crush him from within. She also noticed a child begging for their parents, and a mother desperately searching for her child. Each passing moment made her feel more miserable.

Her chain of thoughts was interrupted by her father, who gently scolded her for being lost in her thoughts. They gathered their luggage and started looking for an auto. She watched as her father bargained for the right fare, and then they hailed an auto to take them home.

Arika's POV

The auto ride began, and I could feel my hometown calling out to me. I could sense the air, the scent of nature all around, even the soil made me feel deeply connected. Leaving Delhi behind was like leaving a piece of my soul behind, but since I was returning to Noida, the pain wasn't as intense.

We had moved to Delhi for my father's business, which unfortunately didn't succeed, so we had to return due to financial difficulties. My parents didn't tell me much, but I saw my father crying, thinking, and stressing. I wish I could tell him how proud I am of him, and how much happiness he brings me. Once again, my father was looking outside, his furrowed brow betraying his tension.

I wish I could make a difference in this moment. I love him, but I can't hold his hand and reassure him. But one day, I will. I will.

Before I knew it, we had reached our home. The feeling of returning home was bittersweet. It's like drinking water from a bottle of Maaza; neither just mango juice nor plain water, but with the flavor of Maaza.

As my mother unlocked the door, I could feel the familiarity of our home enveloping me.

We settled into our rooms. I took a shower, had some food, and we all went to sleep. However, before my father left to tend to his business in Noida, he instructed me to find a good college and prepare for an interview.

I started looking for a good college that offers BA Honours in English, and luckily, I found one. Also, I forgot to mention my childhood friend, my chuddy buddy Vaishnavi, is coming to meet me today. We are going to the same college. Oh God, how much I missed her these past two years! I'm so excited to see her. It's true that I've made new friends, but Vaishnavi isn't just a friend, she's like my own daughter, my Munna.

And along with her, I am going to meet my old friends. I'm betraying Delhi for my Noida, haha. Tomorrow, we will go for an interview to get admission to Laxmi Narayan University.

This is it for today. How did you like this chapter? Don't forget to give me feedback and votes. Arika is getting a psycho lover, but what am I getting, huh? Give me some love, okay cuties?🦭