Bridge of memories

She was not looking at him and he couldn't look at anywhere else.

Shaurya's POV :

After a hectic day, it has been my habit to clear my mind at night and for that I always used to go on bike ride on the bridge that's in our city road. I go on a bike ride to enjoy my moment thinking about her and that moment is what I call Sukoon. Even in the silence of the night, her voice echoes in my mind, a symphony of longing that plays on repeat, haunting me with its bittersweet melody. Whenever wind touches me, it feels same the way her hairs touched me for the very first and last time. The girl I'm completely whipped for, may have forgotten me till now but I never knew she holds such a great effect at me that after 3 years I'm unable to look at anyone else, the idea doesn't come, I'm hopelessly waiting for her, trying to know where she is. They say love knows no bounds, but in her absence, I am bound by the chains of longing, imprisoned by the echoes of what could have been. I reached the bridge, I left my bike on stand I was standing there thinking of everything, especially the first encounter when I saw her,

Flashback:

School days -
Shaurya was standing in a queue between his friends, they were having fun with each other when a girl was commanding, it was when he saw her, something of her attracted him towards her but he didn't knew when his leg automatically started moving on her command.
Not so much in height 5'2, no hairflips on face, neatly tied ponytail, a firmness, an aura she had when she was giving command.

She was not looking at him and he couldn't look at anywhere else.

I was looking up at the stars and asking the almighty if he really listens, if he really fulfill dreams, is it really possible that I'll ever have her in my life who has become my life herself, the faded memories of her smile that I'm still trying not to forget by repeating it again and again in my mind and it still eases my mind..
Oh God, will I ever have her? They say time heals all wounds, but time only deepens the ache in my heart, as every passing moment without her feels like an eternity. I'm on my knees begging you to give me my reason to live. I closed my eyes because my chest was feeling heavy as if I have a big stone in my chest and my heartbeat is really beating slowly and I know the reason why..

I was looking at the stars that were twinkling and then a star fell down and I immediately joined my hands, yes I have started joining my hands, and I will join my hands infront of anyone for my life and I requested to bring her back, I want to see her before dying once. The more I knew the possibility is very less the more I wanted to believe that my wish will be granted.

After walking some minutes and was about to return, I saw an auto passing by, moving very slowly, and I don't know how after 3 years, I was feeling something same, a stone that was on my chest was overthrown by my raising heartbeat. I couldn't start my bike, and that was the moment when I realized there's some power that listens. I was unable to move; my heartbeat was racing and stopping at the same time. I had tears in my eyes, but I was blinking non-stop to wipe all the tears. I couldn't afford to have tears because I wanted to see her, to capture her completely.

Whom I yearned to claim as my own, who reigns over me without lifting a finger, whom I longed to possess when I am entirely hers. I am powerless in her presence.

Yes, I saw her, I SAW HER after three whole years. It felt like I was born and died 3 times just to see her. And then that auto passed by very slowly; my Aru was sleeping peacefully, and again she couldn't see me, but she granted me peaceful sleep after 3 whole years because I know my heart is not much far from me now. I was smiling; yeah, I was smiling and crying at the same time. I wanted to jump, to scream, to tell the whole universe that she has come back, she has come back to me, my god has granted me my life, my reason to continue living. I'm the happiest man living in this whole world. I started my bike, and I was smiling the whole way like mad. I tried to stop smiling, but I was so happy, man, I wanted to stop her auto and hold her in my arms, and the thought pricked my heart that she may have forgotten me or may not recognize me, but I neglected these thoughts, and when I reached home, I saw everyone was busy in their work, so I directly went to my room, and I opened my drawer and found the old diary where I used to write about her every day, every moment, every feeling. It was as if time had stood still in that diary, preserving all my emotions and memories of her. With trembling hands, I flipped through the pages, reliving those moments, those emotions, those dreams that I had woven around her. And as I closed the diary, a sense of determination surged within me. I couldn't let this chance slip away. I had to find her, to tell her everything that had been bottled up inside me for all these years. Somehow, I closed the diary and hugged it to my chest, lying on my bed because I'm afraid to let her go away from me, to let a memory slip away. I can forget anything-my name, the reputation my family holds, who I am, my very existence-but HER... no way. And her sleeping figure captured my mind, and I didn't know when I slept.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave feedback and votes, and don't forget to follow me on Instagram - @author.arika

I'll be eagerly awaiting your comments on my reels and on this chapter. I want you to be a patient reader as I have exams to prepare for, but I promise to write regularly after exams. Kindly add my story to your library because you won't regret reading this book, trust me on this.
Take care, everyone. 💕