Cool about it

The sickness had lasted about three days, three days which she wished to forget. She cringed every time she recalled how needy she had been, how she had called out for them, now she was trying to make up for it. Alexa glared at her plate, frustratingly trying to cut her waffle with a plastic knife.

It really wasn't working.

"Do you want help?" Daisy questioned, noting the girl's struggle. Alexa paused briefly, "No." She bluntly stated, "no thanks." She corrected upon seeing the looks she received. She got sick of the plastic knife all together, it didn't help that the women were watched her. Sighing in defeat, she stabbed the waffle with her fork, she took a bite from it whole.

She looked down, not wanting to see the presumed amusement on the women's faces. Alexa was a little glad that the waffle tasted normal at least, and that she didn't feel the urge to immediately throw it back up.

The sound of a chair being pulled back could be heard, "i'll see you later love, be good for mama." Daisy spoke, Alexa turned her face away, knowing what was going to happen. Her action didn't prove to be successful because Daisy merely just kissed the girl's cheek. Alexa rubbed her face with her hand, "well that's a shame." Daisy laughed.

Her cheek was then kissed again, Alexa groaned, covering her face with her hands, "stop it."

Daisy obliged with the girl's request, she walked over to the doorway. 'Good luck' Daisy mouthed to Lottie, who gave a nod in recognition. Lottie peered over to the girl, who had gone back to trying to burn the waffle with looks alone. "It's not going to disappear." Lottie remarked, Alexa picked up the fork again, taking another bite.

"I think it might be a little easier to eat cut up." The blonde pointed out, she had finished her own plate at this point, she went over to the girl. Lottie began cutting up the food for her, "thanks." Alexa murmured, reaching out to take the fork off Lottie- who kept it.

Lottie held the fork at the girls lips, Alexa resisted her eye roll, opening her mouth. The woman used her sleeve to wipe a bit of whip cream off the girl's mouth, "It's not even ten o'clock yet." Lottie pointed out, "so?" Alexa questioned, "no need to be mad at a day that you haven't even lived yet." Lottie mused.

She handed the girl the fork, Alexa begrudgingly ate her breakfast, feeling irritated at the woman's words. She wasn't angry at a day that she hadn't lived, she was angry at the day she knew she was going to live. Along with the fact that it sounded awfully pretentious, even for Lottie.

"I'm not mad." Alexa grumbled.

~~

The girl stared the mesh wall in front her, it was rare she was put on the play pen, and she hated it. If she wasn't in a completely sour mood, sometimes she would observe the toys. This time proved to not be one of those times, so she sat stubbornly against the back wall, hoping that Lottie would feel guilty.

Her plan didn't seem to be working, not that she was doing much to make it effective, besides sighing every few minutes. She wished that she had the willpower to sit there and wait, but she was getting rather impatient.

"Mama can we go outside please?" She asked, doubting that she would be able to actually leave the house, but at least it would give her something to complain about when she said no. Alexa stared at Lottie through the mesh, waiting for an answer.

"Since you asked so politely, we can." Lottie agreed, Alexa couldn't help but grin in satisfaction, it was rare she actually got what she wanted. The girl shuffled forward, waiting for Lottie to come get her. The blonde paused in front of the playpen, Alexa was confused, when she made no move.

She realised what was wanted of her, Lottie wanted her to reach out her arms. Alexa wanted to go outside, and she was easily persuaded. The girl held her arms up, Lottie smiled as she took the girl from the mesh pen.