The blues

Just a heads up that things are gonna be taking a slightly dark turn for the next few chapters, in terms of Alexa's mental state.

~~

She had felt a pair of arms wrap around her, pulling her into a forced hug from behind. Alexa tried banging her head against the wall again, but the arms wrapped tighter, keeping her from breaking from their grip. "Let me go!" She shrieked, however the grip didn't loosen. She gave up trying to break herself free, she simply let her body go lax in the hold.

The girl sobbed, covering her face with her hands to attempt to give herself some form of dignity, she didn't know how to stop the thoughts racing through her mind. Her knees were beginning to shake, and she was feeling dizzy.

The hold shifted, the girl was turned around firmly, leaving no room for her to move out from the arms. She was picked up, Alexa clung on like a koala, pressing her face into the person's shoulder, her hands no longer needing to cover her shame. It was wrong, to allow them to comfort her, when they had sent her into this state. It was wrong, and that only made her cry worse, as she made no attempt to stop it.

"It's okay, you're okay, get it all out." She realised she was in Daisy's arms, the brunette used her free hand to pat the girls back. Making shushing sounds to the girl, who began to sob harder.

In her moment of emotion, she could hardly feel Daisy moving. Vaguely, she could feel that they were going upstairs, but she really couldn't muster up enough energy to care. She cried into Daisy's hair, shuddery gasps every few moments, her body seemingly forgetting it needed to breathe.

Her eyes burned, and she lifted her head, begin to harshly rub them, hoping for the uncomfortable itching to stop. She was stopped abruptly, Lottie placing the girls wrists in her hold, from her place beside Daisy. Alexa buried her face back into Daisy's shoulder, her arms began to ache from being held out.

Being pulled from the safety haven of the woman's shoulder, her throat made a mewing sound, resembling a weak kitten. She struggled against Daisy, being readjusted on her lap. She felt like a rag doll, her back being positioned against the woman, Daisy's hands around the girls waist. Alexa could only stare at Lottie who had since let go of her wrists, not that they were going to much use however, Lottie was quick to grab a pair of mittens.

Alexa lost her fight, merely holding her wrists out, a prisoner accepting her sentence. Her hands were concealed, and they fell weakly by either of her side. "I'll just be..uhm a minute." Lottie told Daisy, Alexa didn't bother to see what Lottie was doing, she hung her head low.

Now that her body was still, she was able to feel her aching knees again, having only fallen not long ago. Her entire body felt exhausted, and slumping against Daisy felt inevitable, regardless of how sick it made her feel.

The thought of sick made the girls nose scrunch, remembering her vomiting spell from an hour ago, and how she could still vaguely taste the bile on her tongue. She wanted water- badly, yet the thought of asking exhausted her, let alone asking in itself. Her eyes stared blankly ahead of her, it felt as if her mind had been scraped by a butter knife, a small dull pain.

She only snapped back to reality when she was being moved again, she allowed herself to be readjusted and positioned. She was laid in the crib, she noted the new additions to it. There was pillows all around: one at either side of the bars near her head, one under her head, and one behind her head. It quite literally resembled a padded prison, all she could see was white wherever she looked.

Her hand was tied to a restraint, which was followed by the same happening with the other hand, once the bars had been lifted. Both her wrists were bound to her sides, only a small bit of wriggle room.