prepare for Battle

It was later in the day when Hope was playing with Renesmee when Jasper came to talk to her. "Hey, Hope." "Hello, Jasper. I actually wanted to talk to you." Jasper was not expecting that. "Oh, what is it." He asked as he took a seat beside Hope. "Can you tell me some embarrassing stories about my brother so that I can blackmail him later?" Hope wanted to dye marcels hair pink just to see how it would look. "I will if you answer my question." Jasper couldn't hold much longer. "Sure," Hope said. "Why did you actually come here? And don't give me the moral reasons. It has to be deeper than that 'cause I know enough of the Mikeason family to know you don't do anything without a reason." As much as she hated to admit it, he was right. "Well, you see. My family was in the same situation once. I know what it's like to be in Renesmee's shoes. Where your only fault is that you are born. My family built a fortress around me. When I see your family, they are doing the same as mine, so I see no reason not to support and to be honest I just graduated and it's pretty boring now." They giggled at the last line. "Your little act will help us forever you know." Jasper had no words to describe how eternally grateful his family was to Hope. 

The next day snow started to stick to the ground, and they knew the time was near. Hope called her brother to catch up on the witch and werewolf conflict only to be sent to voice mail. Defeated she called Uncle Kol only to find out her brother hadn't come home in the past two days. Her heart pace quickened as she thought of the endless possibilities of his brother's whereabouts. 'He can't be killed' was the final verdict that her brain gave. She heard a knock on her door and opened it to see Emmett. "Alice got a vision. They attack today. Carlisle wants everyone in the living room" I nodded and followed him to the living room. Where everyone was. "Ok so listen up. Our first priority is to talk to them and that is it, any sort of violence from our side done before they attack will be taken as a sign of betrayal to the community. Every step we take will be counted. We will keep our Ace hidden." Carlisle looked directly at Hope. "You have got to be kidding me! You literally have a nuclear weapon, and you keep it aside!" Stefan was engaged. If he was the one leading, Hope would be the first line of defense. "I have met the Volturie. They know who I am. The interference of another species might also be viewed as an act of betrayal. We don't want anything to turn against us." Stefan knew hope was right, so he kept mum. "But, If even one of them put a toe out of line. I am going to burn them till they scream for the mercy of death." Threats were something she acquired from her father. The room was quiet after that except for some interjections from Stefan and Vladimir. "Time to get ready people."