❊ Chapter eighteen: A lot of consideration ❊

March 10th 2017

Scarlett

"Should I ask her?" I fretted as I sipped my coffee.

Colin started massaging my shoulders from behind, replying, "If you feel the time is right."

"But I don't know if it is!" I pointed out. "That's why I asked!"

Colin chuckled. Not gonna lie, he might be my husband but he sure does get annoying sometimes.

"Well shooting should be done within the next month, right?" Colin asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. "No idea if she'll still talk to me after."

"By the sound of it, she really trusts you."

I hummed a short response.

"I've got to go to Scotland next week," I remembered. "I should wait until after."

"Maybe ask her before you go, give her time to think about it and when you get back - providing she says yes - you can start the process," Colin suggested.

"Yeah..."

"Mommyyyy can you do my hair?" I heard Rose call from upstairs.

"Coming sweetheart!" I called back, placing my coffee on the counter.

Colin placed a kiss on my cheek, and I kissed him back before going upstairs to do my daughter's hair for kindergarten.

Ray

I walked onto set with my music on loud. I wasn't really in the mood for taking to anyone this early, and when I had my headphones on people knew it. I headed straight to my trailer to dump my bag off, before going over to craft services.

Hungry, I grabbed a small bag of popcorn and went over to the schedule. There was a note pinned beside it. My eyes flicked over the note, but as I couldn't read it again, I sighed and gave up, instead trying to figure out if I was shooting today.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I turned my head to see Scarlett. I pushed my headphones so they were resting on my shoulders and greeted her.

"You alright?" she asked. "You've been stood there a long time."

"Oh, uhm just trying to read this," I replied, indicating to the note and schedule.

Scarlett looked over it and read it out to me.

"Wait... you're leaving?" I asked hesitantly.

"Just for a while," Scarlett replied. "I'll be back before you know it."

Sighing, I concluded, "Hey, at least I know a few others."

With a smile, Scar replied, "You can have an exstitiential crisis with Hiddleston about the universe."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Or Benedict could teach you to play the violin."

"Didn't he learn that in like a week?"

"Exactly. I expect you to be able to play the violin perfectly by the time I get back."

I couldn't tell whether she was being serious or not, so I cocked my head slightly.

"Oh, I wasn't being serious," Scarlett assured me with a grin.

I smiled.

"Okay. Can you see if I'm shooting today?"

She checked, then turned back to me with a shake of her head.

"Nope."

"Oh okay, I can just find someone to help."