━ 𝟎𝟐𝟏

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙗𝙞𝙣 𝙝.
𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙖 𝙗.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"This is looking amazing, (Y/N)!" Charlie exclaimed as she stared in awe at the hotel, the renovations halfway undergone yet already the difference so prevalent in both style and decor. "How were you able to do this much in only a couple of months? I love it!"

"I have my ways," (Y/N) smiled down at the Princess who engulfed her in a tight hug.

    It had only been three months since Charlie asked her to help renovate the hotel, and three months since she initially met Vox, Valentino, Alastor, and the other Overlords. Though she kept busy during her time helping the Princess, it was true that said Overlords along with Lucifer would stop by. What's more, if their visits ever overlapped, a type of animosity only prevalent in rivals would crackle between them, obviously irritated by the other's mere existence.

    (Y/N) chose to brush such encounters off.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Charlie squealed, pulling her from her thoughts.

"It was my pleasure."

Charlie drew away from (Y/N) with a soft smile, in her red eyes there being a flickering of warmth and love—a love that ran so deep it surpassed the absence of blood relations. It was how Charlie wished she could look at her own mom sometimes, however finding that when she was with (Y/N), Lilith was all but forgotten. Sometimes, if she were being honest, she mistook (Y/N) as her mother, thinking herself to be a horrible person whenever such thoughts crossed her mind.

Her smile slowly faded, her arms wrapping around her whilst her expression crumpled.

"Your Highness?" (Y/N) placed a hand on Charlie's shoulder, her brows drawing in worry. "Is everything all right? Are you not pleased with the building as you initially thought?"

"No, it's not that..." she shook her head with a sigh. "I just wonder... if it will be enough."

(Y/N) tilted her head.

She was puzzled by Charlie's pessimism.

It wasn't like her.

"You saw how my mom and dad reacted to the very idea of sinners being rehabilitated," Charlie exhaled heavily, looking so defeated despite being so young and having years of her life ahead of her. "They don't believe in the cause at all, so how can I prove that it can work if even they think it to be just nonsense?" She looked up at (Y/N), her eyes watery, "Am I just... fooling myself?"