𝐕

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Grace.

━━ Saturday started very strangely.  In addition to the enormous crowd that was expanding by the hour, the overall energy around me felt odd.  My role was to assist with the hall decoration, which was completed in about an hour.

Damian was also in my group, and he did not stop looking and smiling all day today.  Damian approached me in the hallway as we were walking to our rooms to ask what kind of dress I was wearing so we could match colors.

My brief response was that I wear a black dress because I want elegance, and the entire conversation appeared to flow to something else.  Fortunately for him, Rigel moved down the hall, diverting Damian's attention to him.

They exchanged a few sharp stares, then Rigel disappeared somewhere down the corridor, while I went towards the women's dormitory.  Someone aggressively closed the door just as I was about to open it.

I jumped at the sound of the door slamming and felt someone breathing on my neck.  "At least look delighted when you are with him; you look too fake," Rigel was obviously looking for a time to be alone.  He waited like a bird of prey that covers the fields, hoping that the mouse would emerge from its hole and grab hold of it.

"What do you know about that?" I grumble as I attempt to turn towards him.  Both of his hands are on the door, at my head level, and he keeps his weight on it.  It is more difficult for him to maintain our proximity since he fluctuates between moving closer and further away from me.

He is concentrating on me, first on my appearance and then on my words.  "You can see it from a kilometer away," he adds, smiling slightly.

One of his hands moved slightly lower on my shoulder, but did not touch me.  It was difficult not to glance at his large, pink lips.  I had to resist.

"It must be difficult for you, two guys asked you to dance..." he muses.  "And you have to choose only one," I was too ignorant to look between the lines because he was so close to me. I could smell his perfume.

The voices were closing in on us, and we were just seconds away from being caught.  "I will see you tonight," he says, then walks away from me and disappears around the corner.

One thing was certain: we would see each other.

A black satin dress covered my body as I nervously paced the room in the final minutes, debating my outfit decision.  The necklace with the angel pendant was at collarbone level and swayed with my motions.