30

I'm making Spider help me decorate for the formal. He's only complained a handful of times so that's progress.

"You know you never asked me," I state.

"What?" Spider asks.

"To go to formal with you," I tell him. "You never actually asked me. You asked me the color of my dress. And what color for a corsage but..."

"I kind of just thought we were going together since we're dating," Spider tells me.

I shrug my shoulders. "Still nice to be asked."

Suddenly Spider drops down to one knee. "Rhiannon Walker, will you go to formal with me?"

I laugh as I help him back up. "Thank you for the dramatics. Of course I'll go with you."

Amerie and I are walking through the courtyard.

"Saw Spider get down on one knee for you," Amerie says.

I laugh. "He asked me to formal."

"Well I didn't think he was proposing," Amerie assures.

"God no," I remark.

I spot Darren sitting with the Puriteens.

"What the hell?" I remark.

"What in the Hillsong...?" Amerie says.

"Oh, God," Zoe remarks as we walk towards them.

"Forgive me. Forgive me. Forgive me," Amerie says as she drags Darren away from the table.

"Amerie! My cards!" Darren shouts.

"I know breakups are hard, but what the fuck is this?" Amerie asks.

"Seriously joining a cult is not the answer," I tell them.

"I lost Ca$h because I can't control my urges, but maybe if I try hard enough, we can get back together and everything will be okay," Darren explains.

"No, no, no. This is not it. You need to get your shit together," Amerie tells them.

"Amerie, this is me getting my shit together." They wave at Zoe before snapping.

I grab Darren's hands. "No, no. Don't you fucking click!"

"Rhiannon!" Darren says. "I don't know what else to do." They turn back to the Puriteens. "Goodbye, Amerie. Rhiannon."

Harper is very excited that she got her license. She's driving Amerie and I to formal. Well she's driving my car to formal. Oh and Rowan since he's Amerie's formal date. I smile as he puts a red rose corsage on Amerie's wrist. They do look really cute together.

Zoe walks towards Amerie, Harper, Rowan, and I.

"Hello. I just wanted to say make this a night to remember, not one to regret." She holds up a cut out heart. 

"Aw! Isn't that just..." Harper takes the heart and rips it in half.

Amerie and Rowan are dancing. I smile at them.

"So you and Ant?" I ask Harper.

"Why do you keep asking me about this?" Harper asks.

"Because you like him," I state. "And he clearly likes you. And it's formal. And why not be all cute together."

"Go dance with Spider," Harper tells me.

I laugh. "You know I'm right."

I smile as I walk towards Spider. He's on the dancefloor having a good time it seems.

"Hi."

"Hi." Spider smiles. "You look hot, babe." I roll my eyes and Spider laughs. "Beautiful." Spider pulls me towards him. "You look beautiful."