ɪɪɪ

February 3, 2023Memphis, Tennessee

February 3, 2023
Memphis, Tennessee

Maddie stood in the corner of the crowded room, a cup of Casamigos in hand, the amber liquid swirling hypnotically as she took a sip

Maddie stood in the corner of the crowded room, a cup of Casamigos in hand, the amber liquid swirling hypnotically as she took a sip. She found herself engaged in conversation with a girl she barely knew, the music pulsing in the background as they exchanged small talk.

But as the minutes ticked by, Maddie couldn't shake the nagging feeling of unease that gnawed at her insides. She glanced down at her phone, her brow furrowing in confusion as she realized she still hadn't heard back from Cassie.

Frowning, Maddie scrolled through her messages, searching for any sign of a reply. But there was nothing, just a string of unanswered calls and texts that left her feeling increasingly anxious.

"Where are you, Cass?" Maddie muttered under her breath, her concern growing with each passing moment. She took another sip of her drink, the tequila burning her throat as she tried to push aside the gnawing sense of worry that threatened to consume her.

Maddie's irritation flared as Kelly stumbled over to her, slurring her words with drunken abandon. She gritted her teeth, forcing a tight smile as Kelly's sloppy words washed over her.

"Bitch, why you not having fun?" Kelly slurred, her words barely understanding and on the edge of falling over.

Maddie's patience wore thin as she struggled to maintain her composure. She hated dealing with people who were too drunk.

"Excuse me for a moment," Maddie muttered tersely to the girl she had been talking to, her voice tight with frustration. "I need to use the bathroom."

Without waiting for a response, Maddie hurried off towards the restroom, hoping to escape the chaos of the party for just a moment. She needed a break from Kelly's drunken antics before she lost her cool completely.

Maddie leaned against the wall outside the bathroom, her frustration growing with each passing second. She pulled out her phone, hoping for a distraction from the chaos of the party. But as she scrolled through her Instagram feed, there was still no sign of Cassie's presence.