15

Jennie walked back home feeling a strange mixture between excited and upset. Excited because a little later on in the day, she was going to have a night out with Y/f/n. But upset from the discovery that Micheal L/n had passed away in such an inhumane way. And although she was upset, she couldn't bite back the huge smile from playing onto her face.

"Hey, guys," she said with soft features as she greeted her family.

"Hey, Jen," they all said in practical unison before they all let out a soft chuckle.

A sad smile remained steady on Jennie's lips as she told her family about the terrible news about their neighbor. It was something that she'd never thought she'd ever have to do--telling her family about a death. And although it wasn't a member of their own family, the L/n's and the Kim's had always been close friends.

The brunette headed up to her room while the rest of her family walked over to the y/l/n's household in order to give their condolences. When she made it to her room, she immediately locked her door and pulled out her phone with excited movements.

Jennie has many friends. But she only has three people that she could call her true friends--Roseanne Park, Lalisa Manoban, and Kim Jisoo. Because even Jennie knows that her other "friends" would not even know of her existence if she wasn't considered popular throughout her high school experience.

Jennie: GUYS I'M ABOUT TO GO ON A DATE WITH Y/N 💘💘💘

Rosieposie💕: WHAAAT? GET IT GURL

Jennie: 😎😎😎

Lili💋: She think she got game. WEEEEAAAK

Rosieposie💕: IKR

Jichu🙊: Let her celebrate her victory guys. So where are y'all goin?

Rosieposie💕: She betterr be nicer than Taehyung

Jennie: She's super sweet, like SUUPER sweet 🤗🤗🤗

Jennie: And she's picking me up at 6:00 tonight

Rosieposie💕: GIRL IT'S ALREADY 4

Jennie: So?

Jichu🙊: Do you even know yourself?

Lili💋: Exactly! You're probably gonna take 2 hrs just trying to find an outfit

With widened eyes, Jennie all but threw her phone down onto her bed and ran over to her closet with quickened steps.

---

Jennie's friends were right, it was a lot more difficult to find a decent outfit than she had initially expected. She gingerly tugged at her black crop top, hoping that it would be enough to please the girl.

She checked the time and decided to start doing her makeup. She turned her television on before facing the mirror in order to start working on her makeup. Normally, she wouldn't wear a lot of makeup. But she felt the need to impress a certain girl.

"We are being told that this so called Spider-Man has now helped with three arrests. People are beginning to speculate who the masked helper could be. We'll be right back to discuss the new topic of Spider-Man--friend or foe?"

Jennie took a glance at her television through the mirror and saw pictures of Spider-Man sliding across the screen.

Have I seen that hoody before?

And maybe she did. But she decided to shrug it off instead of thinking about it too much.

---

After completing her makeup, she checked the time. The brunette hadn't expected to finish her makeup so quickly but she wasn't complaining. She sat on her bed and turned the volume up on her television.

"I don't care. I don't care. We still don't know if he's a threat to the city or not-"

"How could you not care, he's doing about ninety percent of the cops' jobs right now!"

"No no. He is doing that. I agree. But still, he could be a terrorist for all we know."

Jennie couldn't help but lightly chuckle at the debate on her television. She found it funny that people were actually arguing whether or not "Spider-Man" was a so called, "Friend or Foe." She didn't care all that much on the matter, but she knew that a person willing to help against crime shouldn't be considered a "foe."

---

Y/n watched the news with a tapping foot. Because watching the news recently was absolute torture for her--hearing people debate about whether "Spider-Man" was a "threat to the city" or not.

There was plenty of time to spare before she would be picking Jennie up. Y/n wasn't even completely sure what they were going to be doing but she'll take anything she can get. Because an outing with Jennie could never turn out bad as long as she could be with the brunette.

As she was impatiently watching the news with furrowed brows in annoyance, she opened her closet and took a look at her Spider-Man outfit. She wanted people to know that she was staying for the city permanently by having an official suit, rather than simply wearing a red shirt with a hoody thrown over it. Opening her drawer of arts and crafts supplies, she realized she had quite a lot of red threading, so she got to working on a new outfit.

---

Since people dubbed her Spider-Man because of the hoody with a spider on it, she decided to keep it over the suit.

She was about halfway done with the suit when she checked the time, eyes widening with the realization that she should be picking Jennie up. She stood up from her sewing machine and threw the half finished suit in her closet with quickened movements. And as soon as she finished lightly brushing her hair, she rushed out of her room.

Her feet carried her down the stairs before she took her usual seat on top of the staircase post, feet resting on the wooden sides.

"Aunt Sandara, I'm going on a date," y/n excitedly told her Aunt--a very evident grin that crossed her features from ear to ear playing on her lips.

"Let me guess," her Aunt smirked, placing a hand on her chin in playfully deep thought. "Jennie?"

Y/n's answer came in the form of her jumping off the post and crushing her Aunt with a crushing hug.

"I knew my Y/n had it in her," her Aunt stated with an amused smile crossing her features before she let go of the embrace.

"I'll see you later, Auntie," y/n waved. She walked over to the front door with a dopey grin on her face and gave one last wave to her Aunt before finally stepping out the house.