Chapter 13 - Upset and Doubts

This chapter will cover the reaction before the cleanup.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 26 Month 4 Year 1642 Central Calendar

The diplomats who had evacuated to the interior decided to resume their meeting at Cartalpas after receiving the report of the coalition's temporary victory. The Annonrial Empire, which had left the city earlier, was left to its own devices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragusmakira, Kingdom of Emor

Dragon King Wagdran convened the executives for a special meeting. The dome-shaped conference room was heavily guarded as never before, making it clear to the participants that this was no ordinary affair.

It all began with an urgent communication from Moriaul, who was participating in the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference. During the Battle of the Folk Strait, an urgent report came from the Wind Dragon Riders to him, conveying that the Japanese fleet possessed and used magical electromagnetic radar and guided magic bullets. The communication officer in charge found the content unbelievable and asked three times, but the answer remained unchanged. And because the content was too serious, it reached Wagdran's ears that same day.

After explaining the situation, Wagdran spoke up. "As you all have heard, it seems that this is the key to opposing the Sorcerous Empire, as revealed by the Spatial Divination."

Even he, the speaker, had a look of consternation on his face.

"I can't believe it... I can't believe something like that..."

"To think... to think they possess weapons akin to the wretched Ravernal! Disgusting nation!"

"Japan... a nation of unfathomable depths, huh."

Most of them expressed fear and loathing.

Amidst the commotion, Alesthre, who had conducted the Spatial Divination, suddenly stood up. With all eyes on him, he began to speak quietly.

"I would like to hear everyone's opinions on what kind of relationship Japan has with the Sorcerous Empire."

After a brief silence, opinions began to emerge one after another.

"Japan is said to be a nation from another world, correct? Perhaps the Sorcerous Empire transferred some islands to this world ahead of the Latistor Continent."

"Japan is known as a nonmagical civilization. Considering Moriaul's report, that seems likely. If so, it's probably unrelated to Ravernal."

"Whether it's magical or not, as long as they share the same technological system, they are nothing more than a profaned offshoot of Ravernal. Sooner or later, they will begin to move to dominate the world."

The hatred of the dragonfolk towards the light-winged people runs deep. Because of that, even if Japan was considered unrelated to the light-winged people, the fact that they possessed technology similar to theirs filled them with considerable disgust. Therefore, most opinions were hostile towards Japan.

"Hrngg..." Wagdran groaned, furrowing his brow.

"Hm..."

Alesthre quickly organized his thoughts and turned to Wagdran.

"Your Majesty, may I present my opinion?"

"Speak."

"In my view, Japan is likely not related to the Sorcerous Empire."