3.

"I heard you tried to do some trick and ended up with a broken arm.
What's next, jumping over the Grand Canyon?"

~•~

It was Thursday, and Olivia would have preferred to be at home with her boyfriend, watching a movie. During rock climbing, she injured her arm, and for over a month, she couldn't do anything, so she wanted to catch up on all the missed activities and watch movies. But that wasn't going to happen.

Danny literally ordered her that she couldn't do those suicidal missions anyway, so she'd fly to him for the races that were coming up.

She objected. She didn't want to fly across the country just to see him drive a fast car, but when her mom also called her, telling her to listen to her brother, she had no choice.

So now she was disembarking at Nagoya Airport, where someone from RBVISA would pick her up and take her to the hotel, where she would hopefully meet her brother.

They hadn't seen each other for over six months. They mostly texted or called each other through FaceTime during that time, but those calls were so minimal that they didn't count much. When Danny had a two-month break around Christmas, Olivia was in America because she was sick and was forbidden to fly by plane.

She didn't mind. Danny always tried to be the older brother for Olivia, which he was. But he wasn't very good at it. He was twelve years older, and when Olivia was growing up, he didn't spend much time at home, so the two weren't as close, and they didn't know much about each other.

On the other hand, Olivia was a bit closer to her sister Michelle. She was ten years older and also didn't spend much time at home when Olivia was growing up. But being a woman herself, Michelle managed to find a bit more connection with Olivia than Danny did. Also, Michelle lived her own life and tried not to meddle in her sister's.

She let the others disembark before she did. Cold air surrounded Japan, immediately hitting her as she stepped outside. In Miami, it was warm all year round, so this was a shock to her.

She pulled her coat closer to her neck, said goodbye to the flight attendants, and descended the stairs to the ground.

She hoped her brother would be waiting for her. It was a little past ten in the evening, and Olivia knew they had free practice on Friday, so he probably wanted to get some sleep, but still. She was his sister. A sister he hadn't seen for over six months.

Instead, an older lady in an RB VISA CASH shirt was waiting for her in the hall, holding a paper with "Ricciardo" written on it.

"That's me," she stepped in front of the lady and attempted a smile.

"Welcome, Miss Ricciardo," the lady smiled at her. "The car is ready," she said and headed towards the door. Olivia just rolled her eyes at how the lady addressed her.