𝙐𝙉𝙎𝙀𝙉𝙏 ! 𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩

𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗧
deco*27

what part of me do you like?
if you tell me, i'll do anything for you
if i’m told “i love all of you, every single part”,
i’ll just be filled with hate
i absolutely detest the “me” that you love

hey, hey, every time you smile
these heartbeats of mine double in speed

all that you’ve done for me,
all that you’ve given me,
it has turned me into such a mess
everything is just such a mess…

all that you’ve done for me,all that you’ve given me,it has turned me into such a messeverything is just such a mess…

tw! disturbing themes? (he wants to gouge your eyes out this one time) i don't think i've expanded on it though. it's not bad i promise.

the first sign had been the damn tremor in his hands

the first sign had been the damn tremor in his hands. that stupid, involuntary twitch whenever he saw you, that split-second where the practiced smirk would falter before he could force it back into place. aventurine hated it, hated the weakness it hinted at, the way his carefully constructed facade threatened to crumble.

your smile was the worst part. it wasn't some grand, dazzling display. a small quirk of lips, eyes crinkling at the corners, but with a warmth that made his chest feel strangely...tight. he'd find himself staring, then curse his own foolishness. sentimentality was a liability in the world he played in, not a damn asset.

you worried, always with those gentle questions about his "business trips", the sleepless nights while he was gone. each word of concern felt like needles pricking his skin again and again. yet, every time he returned, weathered and weary, and you'd greet him with that quiet relieved smile, there was a treacherous flicker of satisfaction he couldn't quite explain.

you were just a means to an end, a pawn he could use and discard later. that's what he kept telling himself, but before he knew it, your presence filled his safe space, and he foolishly began to let you in.

he didn't like the way he craved your presence either. after dangerous deals and tense negotiations, the stark penthouse felt almost unbearably silent. your annoyingly cheerful humming, the scent of coffee, the way you'd inevitably scold him for coming home late – it was background noise he'd always taken for granted. now, the lack of it made his skin itch, made him uncomfortably aware of that damn commodity code burned into his neck, of its implications to this blooming relationship.

the night it truly hit him was the night you cried. it was a small thing, a silly argument about nothing in particular, but the way your eyes glistened, the way your chin trembled... it triggered something in him he thought he’d lost, an instinctive urge to protect, to soothe. the feeling was foreign, sharp, and unwelcome. 

he hated the way you made him reconsider things. his life was a calculated gamble, a series of plays where the stakes were high and the potential reward even higher. he reveled in the rush, the freedom of it all. yet, with each increasingly risky move, your image would flicker at the edge of his mind, a chilling reminder that loss wasn't simply part of the equation anymore – it was a potential outcome he wasn't sure he could stomach. 

one night, after a particularly dangerous “business trip”, you'd held his face, tracing the lines of exhaustion and bandaged wound coated red with a delicate touch. 

"you're worth more than all this," you'd said, and the simplicity of it was almost his undoing.  aventurine, the one who manipulates others for his benefit, is rendered speechless by a simple statement of faith. 

it was ridiculous. it was infuriating. he wanted to shake you, to yell, to force those impossibly trusting eyes to see him for what he was, maybe gouge yours out and blind you. instead, he did something far more terrifying. he leaned in, the space between you charged with a thousand unspoken things.

his kiss was demanding, fueled by a frustrating mix of anger and longing. you responded not with fear, but with a gentle, yielding softness that threatened to consume him whole. it felt like drowning, like losing control, and he both loathed it and craved more.

when you finally broke apart, breathless and disheveled, there was an understanding in your eyes. you still saw him, flaws and all – the scars, the fears, the blood on his hands – but you weren't scared. it was the most dangerous thing you could have done. 

aventurine was always on top of his game, but this... this was a game he was only just learning to play. and the most terrifying part?  he was beginning to suspect he was no longer the one fully in control.

 and the most terrifying part?  he was beginning to suspect he was no longer the one fully in control

──────

──────

𝖑𝖆𝖎. not proof read. i bawled my eyes out with arlecchino sq today i love them sm ;; the way it connected to the animation and her teaser <3 she's so fun to play too, makes me excited to explore remuria. it distracted me w how i got father effortlessly and lyney weapon, all in 40 pulls, and no aventurine with 100 tickers (:

anyway, this song is such a banger, i grew up with old vocaloid songs. there are plenty of good ones now too but the popular ones aren't to my taste.

off topic lmao sorry. but hey, the extras will be slowly rolled out!

 but hey, the extras will be slowly rolled out!