Hogwarts in peril!

I heard whispers around me and stretched my arms out, still feeling sleepy.

I heard the curtain rustle and sat up on the bed, trying to make sense of everything.

"Oh, you're awake. Good, it was already time for breakfast." Madam Pomfrey said as she placed a tray of waffles and scones and a glass of pumpkin juice in my lap.

"Wait, how long did I sleep for?" I asked. I was pretty sure it was around midday when I had been brought here.

"Oh, just for 19 hours. We thought you'd get up directly for lunch." She said and held me still, while moving her wand around me.

"Um, I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I've never slept that long before." I groaned out, my head still feeling heavy.

"Oh, nonsense. You deserve all that sleep after the day you've had. Now look at you, all fine and dandy." She said and then moved back to open the curtains around the bed properly.

Immediately, I caught professor Dumbledore's gaze as he smiled down at me.

"You have a visitor." Madam Pomfrey said and went to another bed close by.

"I hope you don't mind me intruding, Miss L/n." He settled himself down on the chair.

"Oh, no. It's alright, professor." I said, picking up the pumpkin juice to take a quick sip.

"You had a comfortable rest?" He asked.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever slept this long before." I confessed, waiting for him to continue.

There was no way he was just here to talk to me about my sleep.

"Miss L/n, I'm sure you've had enough of the questions by the professors and I'm not here to pester you for it. Instead I'd like to ask of you to keep a check on how much of the situation you reveal to the other students." He said with his all knowing voice.

I nodded and he smiled.

"The rumours have already started spreading and the ministry has asked of us to find and get rid of the chamber of secrets and it's monster, before someone actually gets hurt."

"Does no one really know where the chamber of secrets is?" I asked. I couldn't just reveal everything after building it up on so many lies.

"Well, no. Though if you have any idea, it will be well appreciated." He said leaning forward and I shook my head.

"I understand you are an intelligent witch, Miss L/n. And you'll use your knowledge for the benefit of yourself and others." He said and I gave him an awkward smile.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it. It's about time you get another visitor." He said getting up to leave and I stared at his back until he walked out of the room.

What did he mean by another visitor?

I rolled my eyes and turned to the food that spread the delicious aroma around the whole wing and picked up the plate.

Before I could actually start eating though, the doors opened again and in walked Riddle, with his proud, mysterious aura as he greeted Professor Dumbledore on his way out.

"You're awake." He said and I sighed putting my plate down again.

"Yeah, I'm feeling a little better." I fake coughed.

Maybe if I acted sick enough he will leave me alone with my food.

"It's a good thing you're feeling better. You've really worried a lot of people." He settled down on the chair and I nodded.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Oh yes, Professor Slughorn asked me to visit you." He handed out a bunch of old books from his bag and held them out. "These are some books so you don't miss out on the lessons."

"He didn't come himself?" I held out my hands looking through the titles.

"He was caught up with the interrogation going on."

I looked at the weird assortment of school books and  put them aside.

"Interrogation?" I asked.

"The chamber of secrets was opened. Obviously by the heir of Slytherin. And whoever that might be, the ministry has asked of the professors to keep a close eye on all students, specifically the Slytherins." He offered.

"Wow, a lot has been happening, huh?"

"Yes, it can only get worse from here. Dumbledore is worried he might have to close up Hogwarts until the chamber of secrets is removed or the culprit found." He said, and I looked at him.

He was staring straight at me and I looked away.

"What- what will happen to us if Hogwarts is closed?" I said staring at my hands.

The room got unreasonably quiet while I waited for him to answer.

Suddenly he placed his hand on my arm and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Everything will be alright, don't worry. I have a plan to fix everything."

We stared at each other for a bit before I removed my arm.

"Do you, know something?" I asked trying to move past the awkward tension.

"Nothing that you have to worry about. Take care." He got up and walked out of the room, wiping his hand on his trousers.

Well, whatever he was trying to do didn't actually make sense.

But what he said did make sense.

If Hogwarts was going to be closed, Tom Riddle would do anything in his power to stop it.

And right now I have to do anything in my power to stop it.

Well, after I'm done with my breakfast, of course.

~~~

💖💖