Glossary

Alluthra: a fleshy leafy plant that has hallucinogenic properties if not properly prepared but high in sulphur. Boiling and straining the pulp for six hours, then distilling over the better part of a day is the correct way to remove the hallucinogenic effect.

Assassin's Guild: Politically powerful and protected by the Ascendancy. Used by Sigma Draconis for advancement. Known to remove entire families if there is any retribution against their assassins.

Asteroid herder: grumpy, hard individuals often living on their own with few people skills

Basilisk: a viper class cargo hauler owned and operated by Karzen Hawke with his soulmate Aya Cadwell. While these types of spaceships are still in service, they were made 100 cycles ago and lack numerous modern amenities. However, they are cheap to operate and relatively reliable.

Boost: to launch from a planet, to travel through hyperspace

Chiller: a fridge

Cooker: a stove

Cygni whiskey: an extremely strong and cheap yellow alcohol that typically leaves the drinker with a hangover

Elite chasers: individuals attempting to hook a member of the elite/royalty via a soulmate bond.

Eridani: a race of telepaths often working for Sigma Draconis

Eridani liquor: a light blue, smooth alcohol that doesn't result in a hangover, but is every expensive.

Essaru: Queen

Gravity torpedo: causes a small singularity to suck whatever it hits in

Gravlift: an elevator

Hand laser: small, compact laser weapon

Hovercrafts: all-terrain vehicles used on-planet for transportation. Range from civilian within city models to specially reinforced armoured vehicles with front and back security stations for VIP passengers protected in the middle.

Issi'ak: Duke

Nemesis: a raven class starcruiser owned and operated by Zaen Ninazu, Crown Prince of Penates and Captain. The ship is only 20 cycles old and has top of the line engines and technology. The rest of the crew include: Dhuven Fistmourn as weapons' specialist, Emmed Adad as Communications & Sensors' specialist, Chief Engineer Isaac Cearrach, Engineering Second Mate Trey Hosmer, Medical officer Doctor Lukas Julyen, and Ship Steward Des Ix'os. Mira is the ship's artificial intelligence and pilot.

Nin: polite form of address for a woman.

Oathbreaker mine: illegal gravity mines used by rebels

Pulse rifle: fires laser bursts. Come in variety of sizes. PR-26 Widowmaker is massive and can take out doors and walls.

Rhiphyn: a poisonous nut growing on Penates.

Sar: Grand Duke

Sarru Rabu: King

Sarru: Prince

Senate: comprised of Sigma Draconis that represent all civilized planets within the rule of the Ascendancy. Those planets without a Sigma Draconis ruler in their planetary government are represented by a Sigma Draconis Sukkal, an overlord senator, as only Sigma Draconis can have a seat on the Senate.

Seru: Princess

Shipsuit: a one-piece form-fitting jumpsuit held together by a zipper

Sigma Draconis Ascendancy: Ruling elite race of dragons that are extremely long lived (500 to 1000 cycles). No longer able to shift to dragon, but the golden eyed elite can shift skin to dragonscale for protection. Nanites give rapid healing and are passed to children from dragon parents. Most have silver eyes and are unable to shift to dragonscale. Draconis Prime is their home world.

Soulmate bond: can occur anytime after the age of 21 upon skin-to-skin contact with energetically compatible partner. Not voluntary. Unbreakable intermingling of life energies at quantum level. Detectable as black vine tattoo appears on both partners within first 4 hrs after contact, often at site of first contact but not always. Heightens sexual attraction between mates. Referred to as bonded, mated. Distances of 15 km or so become painful and increased distance can cause death. Soulmates can transfer energy between each other intentionally or unintentionally. Often feel physical wounds or other physical ailments. Most soulmates die when their mate dies - rare to live in agony after mate dies.

Space-walking: to commit suicide

Spacer/o-dep: oxygen-deprived person or fool. Derogatory term for those who live on space stations and on ships that are not well maintained and prone to atmospheric failures.

Star Cycle: measured in galactic standard units (0.72 orbits compared to an Earth year)

Sukkal: a senator

Synthate gloves: like a second skin allowing sensation but protecting from skin-to-skin contact

Wrist com: appears as a black spiral tattoo and projects a holographic display above the wrist. Equivalent to Earth's smart phones. Often paired with an ocular implant to see information privately

Zanin: Lord

Zaninsa: Lady

A/N: If you come across other terms that you would like me to define, please drop me a comment here.