✷ 030: The Gala.

HIT ON ME !      by KissLeclerc
December 22, 2023    #    "What Do You Say?"

JUST AS ANTICIPATED, the venue was decorated with elegance and poise. It perfectly embodied the essence of the brand, practically screaming Chanel.

Glancing around, Thalia was quick to notice other A-list celebrities along with familiar faces, whether it be co-workers or companions. Soon after, her attention was drawn to her good friends, accompanied by Alex who followed them closely like a lost pet, the trio already approaching her with radiant smiles.

"Way to make an entrance?!" Sol greeted, bringing her into a brief hug and quick kisses on the cheek. "You look amazing." The Monegasque girl complimented.

"Look at you!" Lily was next to say hello. "You look like a bride." She laughed, bringing her best friend into a small hug.

"You both look incredible." Thalia's two hands held onto one of Lily's and one of Sol's, smiling happily. "I see my assumptions were correct, the jewelry looks amazing on you both." She laughed.

"Impeccable taste." Sol winked before Thalia's eyes landed on Alex. "Good to see you!" She gave him a quick pat on the shoulder. "Good to see you as well." The Williams driver grinned in response.

"Fashionably late to practically your own gala is on brand for you." Lily said as she sipped on what seemed to be champagne. "Looking this good takes time." She shrugged with a small chuckle.

"Hate to interrupt your chat, but Thalia needs to mingle with some of the guests." Calvin chimed into the conversation.

"Do I have to..." The model grumbled, laughs escaping Lily and Sol as he nodded. "Just for a bit."

"Okay, I'll be right back." She squeezed their hands before bidding them and Alex a goodbye.

Escorting her past guests, Calvin advised Thalia who she should speak with and who was anticipating to speak with her, whether it be influential figures, other celebrities, or those highly ranked within the fashion industry.

Dreading this part of the evening, Thalia reluctantly embraced the European tradition of exchanging cheek kisses and lingering hugs as greetings, a gesture that stirred a sense of discomfort within her.

While these actions felt natural among close friends as she has been working on her affection, it just felt unsettling when shared with unfamiliar faces, leaving her feeling uneasy and out of place.

Mindlessly speaking with more and more people as the hour past by, a fresh glass of champagne sat in her grasp as Calvin finally came to her aide after another conversation between Thalia and a guest concluded, letting the model know she can finally take a break.

"Thank god." She grumbled. "I didn't know how much longer I could talk to people." She said through a laugh, strutting along the venue beside Calvin.

"Well, too bad I lied." He laughed, earning a confused glance from Thalia. "What?"

"There's someone else that's eagerly waiting to speak with you." He explained, her heartbeat gradually slowing down in fear. "Don't look behind you..." Calvin got closer to mumble in her ear. "But Lando has been watching you all evening."

"Shut the fuck up." She said through a hushed whisper and gritted teeth. "You're joking. Please don't make me talk to him."

"You're gonna talk to him." Calvin said sternly as Thalia quickly spotted a familiar face, thanking the stars for this moment. "Too bad." She said mockingly.

"OSCAR!" She immediately called out in a whisper, catching the lone Aussie's attention.

Giving Calvin a petty smirk, she handed him her glass of champagne before excusing herself to mingle with the boy that awaited her.