Train Ride

Once we boarded the train Euphemia went looking for Haymitch as Fall and I took in the sight of the train. After thirty minutes of no Haymitch or Euphemia we decided to go looking for our rooms so that we can get ready for dinner.

"This year we got a chance on having a victor," I heard Fallen say as I walked closer to the entrance of the dinning car, "Artemis is a very talented

"This year we got a chance on having a victor," I heard Fallen say as I walked closer to the entrance of the dinning car, "Artemis is a very talented..."

"Talen isn't gonna get me to win Fallen," I said making my presents known as I sat down at the table, "sorry I had over slept." I grabbed a plate and piled food on to it knowing that I need all the food I can get before going into the arena.

"Miss goddess do tell us ho do you win the games," Haymitch asked with a smug look at the nickname he gave me cause I'm named after the Goddess of wild animals and the hunt.

"By winning the love of the capital people of course," I said looking at him with a smile, "don't mean to make a low blow dear Uncle Haymitch but it's what my older sister lacked is the love of the Capitol people."

"Your very smart you might have a chance to win," Haymitch said holding his wine glass up to me as his smirk vanished, "and please don't call me Uncle again my whole family was killed after I won the games."

"No Uncle Haymitch they wasn't only you moms side of the family was," I said handing Haymitch a book that was my father's journal, "your welcome to read it...it was my father's journal that he kept this one talks about you a lot and how proud of you he was."

"Well this is very interesting," Euphemia said as she stared back and forth between me and Haymitch.

"Also no doubt about me winning," I said causing everyone to look at me, "if I'm not crowned winner that will mean that Fallen will be crowned winner as he and I will be allies and I plan on protecting him for as long as I can."

I stunned everyone so much that hardly anyone spoke for the rest of dinner. As we rewatched the reapings I took mental notes on all the tributes and who their mentors are.

"One and Two are gonna be tough but not unbeatable since they'll be down a career this year possibly two," I said as I grabbed a pen and notebook writing down notes.

"Why you say that," Haymitch asked me.

"Ryker's mentor this year is Finnick Odair which means he wont be in the Career Pack cause Finnick only had one ally his whole games not to mention he might have given Ryker direct orders that he's to protect me since Finnick is my cousin...Katia's mentor is Mags which means she might not Join the careers either," I said causing them to look at me confused, "only other one's that look like competition is males from 5, 6, 7 along with the females from 8 and 10."

"Alright that's enough for tonight," Haymitch said after my little speech. While everyone headed to bed I stayed up and watched past videos of the victors who are mentoring and took down notes to come up with a game plan.

It was late when I finally finished the videos and went to sleep. I still managed to get up early for breakfast. I was in the dinning car before everyone else got there. I was stuffing my face full of food and water when they finally joined me.
"Slow down or you might end up choking yourself to death before we get there," Euphemia said as she sat down across from me.
"Where's the boy," Haymitch asked as he poured something into his coffee.
"No clue," I said, "and he's got a name it's Fallen."
"I don't care to know his name or yours cause you'll both just die in the games like all the others it's easier no to know names," Haymitch says, "you'll be lucky to make it past the third day; especially if President Snow finds out your my niece; if either of you make it past the record day of three for 12 I'll make sure to be sober enough cause it'll mean you have sponsors and if you make it to the last six I'll make sure to learn names." I understood where he was coming from and didn't push the topic.
"Okay," I said digging back into my food so know one could see the hurt in my eyes.
"There he is," Haymitch says as Fallen sits next to me, "any talents I should know about?"
"I have a few that I picked up by being an orphan and had to make a living somehow for food," I said, "honestly my talents I have kinda gives me an advantage over the others."
"Alright don't show any of your talents during training keep it for your private session with the game makers to get a good score," Haymitch said as the train went dark.

Pulling into the station I noticed a bunch of people in colored wigs, tattoos, looking like animals, and dyed skin it was very weird and creepy.